Isolate, enumerate and identify Listeria species and L. monocytogenes in foods and environmental samples with the Thermo Scientific™ Listeria Precis™ Detection and Listeria Precis Enumeration Methods.
The Listeria Precis Methods deliver up to one third faster time to result (for detection compared to other validated rapid culture media-based methods) and dramatically simplified workflows for streamlined laboratory operations. Coupled with our approach to error reduction make them stand out performers in your laboratory.
Detection of Listeria species and L. monocytogenes
Enumeration of Listeria species and L. monocytogenes
- Single enrichment step (same starting point for all Thermo Scientific™ alternative, validated Listeria methods.
- One plate delivering right first-time results. Blind, external laboratory studies demonstrated growth within 22 hours or under for all Listeria strains tested with the Listeria Precis Detection Method.
- 10 μL loop inoculation of plates for all Precis Methods reducing contamination risk when using disposable loops compared to transferring larger inoculation volumes using a pipettor and disposable tips.
- A single incubator temperature of 37°C for enrichment and plate for streamlined laboratory operations.
- 33% reduction in plate inoculation time compared to other, rapid validated culture-based detection methods by using a disposable microbiological loop (10 μL) rather than a pipettor and tip (100 μL)
- All testing completed on day 2 thanks to 15-minute confirmation of presumptive-positive colonies tested directly from the plate enabling rapid actions and faster product release.
- Validated for a broad range of foods, animal feed and environmental samples by NF Validation following the ISO 16140-2:2016 study requirements (Certificate numbers: UNI 03/04-04/05, UNI 03/14-/06/22, UNI 03/05-09/06)
- Surface and pour plate inoculation validated for the Listeria Precis Enumeration Method to offer flexibility and facilitate the testing of low contamination levels.
Feedback from our blind, third-party laboratory study participants:
“Marked contrast of the halo; very little additional flora; size of the halo is more pronounced than the other media from 22 hours” – GM
“Correct growth, very little interfering flora, correct colony size” - NM
“Characteristic colonies and halo visible on the plate from 22 hours” - AD
“Impressive confirmation method – truly exciting”– CG