Gain a deeper understanding of foreign object detection and inspection challenges in packaged food products and how to overcome them. Learn how metal detection and x-ray inspection can help improve food safety and the quality of your products. The webinars listed below will introduce you to technologies, applications, and trends influencing the food product inspection industry.
Consumers are choosing products and brands they know and trust as they shop for food during the global pandemic. Any disruption to production could damage brand reputation, wreak havoc on throughput and disrupt the supply chain. Innovative approaches to foreign object detection offer more production flexibility while preventing disruptions due to foreign objects in packaged food.
- Understand how to apply foreign object detection to your process.
- Gain insights into how high retailers are setting the food safety bar.
- Learn how to vet new detection technologies.
- Gain familiarity with best practices to confirm you select the right solution for your application.
Originally presented by Food Safety Magazine, November 4, 2020
The safety and dependability of the food supply chain has been put to the test during the global pandemic. Food processors have faced myriad challenges – and they’re not expected to lessen anytime soon: employee safety; uncertain and shifting production demands; profit pressure; and a shift in products from institutional to at home and single serve. Add to that the ever-present challenges of contaminated product entering the food supply. Gain insights into how new, easy-to-use food inspection technologies can meet both food processor and retailer needs, with greater assurance of brand protection for both than before.
- Gain insights into how today’s processing realities will impact future food safety inspection needs.
- Learn about retailer codes of practice and their implications for your food safety program
- Understand how product inspection can support operational efficiency.
- Know what to ask for in a product test to ensure the right inspection technology is in place
The safety and dependability of the food supply chain has been put to the test during the global pandemic. Food processors have faced myriad challenges – and they’re not expected to lessen anytime soon: employee safety; uncertain production demands, profit pressure and a shift in from institutional to at home. It’s a demanding environment where it’s easy to forget the ever-present challenge of contaminated product entering the food supply. If one thing is certain, the pressure is greater than ever to ensure your plan is working at maximum operational efficiency. This session will focus on the implications of this new normal for your food safety program and nimble technologies that may help.
This session covers:
- A brief overview of where in your process foreign object detection may be needed
- The trend toward retailer requirements exceeding regulatory requirements
- Criteria for vetting new detection technologies
- Best practices to confirm you select the right solution for your application
Originally presented via Pro Food World on August 5, 2020
The food industry is facing new challenges to meet demand as buying behaviors among consumers and commercial customers shift in response to economic and health crises. Arguably, ensuring the safety of the food supply has never been more important. New innovations in metal detection technology – often the workhorse foreign object detection technology in food plants – enable food processors to experience new levels of brand protection, efficiency and ease of use. Gain insights into how several new technologies overcome the barriers inherent in traditional metal detection and best practices to select the right technology for your application.
You’ll leave this webinar with new insights, including:
- An understanding of the latest technology innovations in the food metal detection landscape, including Multiscan, Selectscan and Autolearn
- How these technologies better meet the challenges of product effect and temperature swings and interference
- The vital role a thorough product test plays in helping to guide you to the right technology solution for your application
- Software innovations that allow for nimble product setup and changeover to drive efficiencies and optimize detection.
Meat processors face unique challenges when inspecting products for foreign objects. Discover how Thermo Scientific metal detection and X-ray inspection technologies can help you achieve the highest level of food safety and product quality.
This 30-minute webinar addresses the following topics and more, so you can take steps to protect your brand:
- What is product effect and what are its consequences for food safety?
- What other factors could impact meat inspection results?
- How can I determine the best solution for my application?