|The Quantifiler® Duo kit improves and expands upon the original Quantifiler® kit technology, using a multiplexed TaqMan® real-time PCR assay to provide quantitative and qualitative assessment of total human and human male DNA simultaneously.
- Highly Accurate: determines the ratio of human male to female DNA, even with minute male and excess female DNA (1:1000 or greater)
- Highly Informative:
- guides selection of the optimal AmpFℓSTR® PCR Amplification Kit (autosomal, Y-STR or miniSTR)
- improves prediction of STR amplification performance and estimation of DNA quantity in degraded samples
- detects the presence of PCR inhibitors (suggesting additional purification of extract and/or MiniFiler™ kit analysis may be necessary)
- Highly Sensitive: 6 pg/µl limit of detection
- Highly Specific: for human and higher primate DNA
- Highly Efficient: dual quantification system minimizes sample consumption and streamlines workflow
- Highly Reliable: uses the gold standard TaqMan® real-time PCR technology already widely adopted in forensic laboratories
- Highly Integrated: optimized and validated as part of a complete DNA testing system with the Applied Biosystems 7500 Real-Time PCR System and AmpFℓSTR® PCR Amplification Kits to provide the highest quality STR profiling results
Click here to view a presentation from the 18th International Symposium on Human Identification which includes information on assay specificity and sensitivity, performance with mixture samples, performance with inhibited and degraded samples, correlation to STR kit performance and casework samples.