Automating With PrepFiler™
The PrepFiler® kit's easy-to-use, magnetic particle technology adapts easily to automation on various liquid handling platforms. The kit is available in two package sizes, a smaller one for use with manual extraction protocols for low to medium throughput laboratories, and a larger one more suited to higher throughput, automated workflows.
In addition, the AutoMate Express™ Forensic DNA Extraction System provides an easy to use, robust bench-top instrument that utilizes the same PrepFiler® and PrepFiler® BTA chemistries packaged in pre-filled, foil sealed cartridges.
To facilitate automation of the extraction process, validated protocols, scripts and software for the PrepFiler® kit on the Tecan Freedom EVO® 150 robotic platform have been developed as part of the HID EVOlution™ Extraction System. The HID EVOlution™ Extraction System is a validated solution that seamlessly integrates:
- The PrepFiler™ kit for isolation of high yield, high quality DNA from forensic samples
- The Tecan Freedom EVO® 150 automated liquid-handling workstation for robust, reliable DNA extraction of 1-96 samples in under 2.5 hours
- The HID EVOlution™ Software for quick implementation, simple run-to-run start up, and easy data transfer
For more information, see:
- PrepFiler™ webinar, which contains detailed information and validation studies on automating with PrepFiler™ using the HID EVOlution™ Extraction System.
- Validation User Bulletin for the HID EVOlution™ Extraction System
- Automation Getting Started Guide