Our technologies enable every step of battery development, from raw material extraction and processing and quality assurance in the production line, to material recovery in battery recycling and development of next-generation batteries. Power your advancements with our comprehensive portfolio of analytical instruments, software, and related tools and technologies, including inductively coupled plasma-optimal emission spectrometry (ICP-OES), high-pressure ion chromatography (HPIC), and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry systems.
Our analytical solutions empower your lab to be more productive and gain more insights to improve safety and longevity, decrease charging time, and boost power output. Our chromatography and mass spectrometry solutions offer:
- Electrolyte composition and purity confirmation
- Analysis of electrolyte degradation products
- Superior stability for quantifying major elements, including lithium, nickel, manganese, iron, phosphorus and cobalt
- Characterization of battery aging and performance
- Reproducible, high-quality results
- Fast, robust, accurate and precise detection of trace-level impurity elements
Cell components and assembly
Resources for battery scientists
Discover resources to improve your understanding of battery technology from the characterization of component materials to the assembly and testing of batteries to electrochemical experiments and data analysis.
Featured technologies for your battery manufacturing lab
As lithium-ion batteries become more advanced, so do the manufacturing processes required to create them. We offer a broad range of tools and instruments, including ion chromatography, elemental analysis, and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, that enable the production of advanced battery technology.
Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS)
GC and GC-MS systems can identify and quantify compounds formed during electrolyte aging, providing new insights into lithium-ion battery degradation.
Instrument service and support
Maximize your instrument uptime with superior services and support.
There’s no time for downtime in your lab. Customers worldwide who depend on maximum availability of lab instruments for critical operations choose the Unity Lab Services Premier service plan to minimize disruption and stay focused on production.
Features of the Premier service plan include:
- Two-business-day, on-site response time for corrective maintenance to minimize downtime
- Unlimited enhanced technical support with immediate response, featuring remote resolution of more than 35% of issues with our remote repair services
- Proactive annual preventive instrument maintenance that increases uptime
- Semiannual service consultations delivered by highly experienced and certified service managers