Refurbished Factory-Certified Mass Spectrometers
Now even more reasons to own a factory-certified reconditioned mass spectrometer
Purchasing previously-owned instruments from brokers and resellers carries risk. When purchasing directly from Thermo Fisher Scientific you can maintain your competitive edge and have peace of mind that you're purchasing a system which has been fully reconditioned at our refurbishment centers. All refurbished systems come with a complete one year warranty and are accompanied with our best-in-class Unity Lab Services support. Remarkable!
Purchase plans are specifically designed to meet all your budgetary challenges. Inquire today about financing options through the Thermo Fisher Financial Services portal.
While supplies last, we are offering up to 20% off our already low prices on these factory reconditioned mass spectrometers*. Act now as inventory is limited. To have a representative contact you with details or to get a quote, click the product link and submit the completed form.
Our refurbished systems come complete as a total solution
Expect the complete Thermo Fisher experience from the time you receive your refurbished system to the time your system is up and running, generating quantitative and qualitative data and the results you need.
- Our systems come with a full 1-year warranty
- Completion of a rigorous 29 point inspection checklist and refurbishment and final test just like new instruments
- All software is updated to the current release
- All hardware is updated to the current revision
- Only OEM factory parts are used in the refurbishment process
- Installed by factory-certified Unity Lab Service Field Engineer Optional field applications and training services available
What's replaced on my system?
As part of the refurbishment process we replace a number of components that typically wear down in a lab. Here is what is included new as part of your refurbished instrument:
During evaluation, we review the unique service history for each instrument that comes in for refurbishment. A careful appraisal of each instrument, based on its history, is made to determine if the instrument will meet our high levels of quality. Field service engineers and product support specialists evaluate the instruments and recommend any required updates. They then carefully package and crate the instrument for the trip back to our factory refurbishment centers to avoid any damage or injury to the instrument.
Our certified field service engineers will de-install, crate, and ensure decontamination of previously-owned systems. Rest assured that all Thermo Fisher mass spectrometers have been thoroughly evaluated and refurbished in our refurbishment and reconditioning centers, following stringent quality standards.
Once in our factory refurbishment center, instruments undergo a thorough assessment and evaluation before they enter the refurbishment process to identify requisite updates, upgrades, and modifications. Included in the assessment are PCB revisions, hardware assessments, and software application upgrades.
There is no compromising on quality. All of our systems are refurbished according to a stringent, quality-controlled refurbishment process. Systems are disassembled and thoroughly inspected with installation of only new parts. The systems then undergo rigorous testing procedures that require them to meet all manufacturing testing specifications.
Installation is completed by our factory-trained, certified Unity Lab Services field service engineers, all to OEM specifications. All systems are installed to meet new instrument installation specifications, so you can be confident your instrument will meet your high standards for performance and reliability. Our Unity Lab Service engineers will ensure you will get your system operational and producing data in the shortest time possible.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific we take pride in offering a comprehensive suite of products and services that both meet your research and production requirements, but also enable you to achieve your objectives within budget.
Our refurbishment program makes industry-leading technology available to our customers without compromise on quality, and at a price you can afford. We stand behind our refurbished systems and provide a comprehensive one year warranty, which includes the outstanding service and support you have come to expect from Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Thermo Fisher Scientific has a worldwide team of specialists who provide the service and support you need to keep your operations running smoothly and efficiently. In addition to your refurbished system, you will also have access to the following services:
- Variety of service contract options to meet your budget requirements from our Unity Lab Services team
- Guaranteed response times for selected contracts
- Financing options to meet your needs
- System qualifications and validations available
- Technology refresh solutions to trade in your outdated systems
Learn more about our unique financing options for off-balance-sheet financing, accelerated ROI, technology protection and cash-flow management with our cost-effective repayment terms.
“ Buying a refurbished Q Exactive from Thermo [Fisher] was the right decision ... We got all the right instruments for the applications within the budget. It has solid performance, good mass accuracy and great resolutions. ”
— Julia C. Guo, Senior Research Scientist, Global Structure Analytics, BASF Corporation
“ There were some considerations to buy 3rd party, however, a good relationship with instrument vendors and having access to a large repository of application engineers and support personnel made the decision easy. I should say that this already has paid off even though we've had the instrument only for a few months. ”
— Dr. Bernhard Vogler, Associate Prof. of Chemistry At University of Alabama in Huntsville.
* This special discount not applicable to purchases of service items, options or accessories made with refurbished systems, shipping and handling, taxes and other fees. Offer applies to select refurbished LC-MS systems only, while supplies last. See local representative for availability and details. Actual value of the special discount will vary depending on the model and quantity of products purchased. All offers subject to Thermo Fisher standard terms and conditions of sale. Not valid in connection with any other offer or discount. Void where prohibited by law or company policy. The value of the Promotion under this offer is a "discount or other reduction in price" to the customer under section 1128B(b)(3)(A) of the Social Security Act [42 U.S.C. 1320a-7b (b)(3)(a)]. Customer must disclose this and any other discounts or other reductions in price received under this offer to any state or federal program that provides cost or charge-based reimbursements to the customer for the products or services purchased under this offer. Other restrictions may apply.