Optical emission spectroscopy metal analysis
Thermo Scientific ARL iSpark Series is an innovative platform of high-end metals analyzers built on decades of Spark OES expertise and know-how. It can analyze all the elements necessary in your current and future applications with high accuracy and precision. It is the answer to your analytical needs for process and quality control in primary metal production, elaboration, casting and transformation involving metals and alloys and for central and service laboratories dealing with all kinds of metallurgical samples.
OES spectrometer features
- Unique PMT optics
- Revolutionary digital spark generator
- Innovative spark stand design
- Advanced acquisition technologies and processing algorithms
- Most advanced OES analysis of micro-inclusions
- Smart argon management with argon saving modes
Optical emission spectroscopy applications
- Iron and steel
- Non-ferrous metals and alloys
- Fine precious metals
- Non-metallic inclusions
ARL iSpark OES - 3D animation
ARL iSpark - ArcelorMittal testimonial
ARL iSpark - Analysis and Maintenance
ARL iSpark - Metals Analyzer
- To stay informed on our latest promotions on OES, XRF, XRD and related techniques, subscribe to our Materials Science Research eNewsletter.
- See our complete X-ray fluorescence and X-ray diffraction product portfolio for high performance materials analysis.
The ARL iSpark OES Metals Analyzer performs inclusion analysis simultaneously with elemental analysis, enabling real-time control of inclusions for hundreds of samples analyzed every day in a steel production. Watch our inclusion analysis expert, Jean-Marc Bohlen, presenting our ultra-fast inclusion analysis method followed by a live demonstration.
Always present in steel, inclusions are often undesirable, because of deleterious effects on the properties of the steel and the running of the manufacturing process, and considerable costs that this entails for the steelworks. The effects can, for example, lead to failure of the end product, which is especially critical when steel is used in buildings, infrastructure, cars, airplanes and many other objects where safety is paramount.
For more than 20 years, Thermo Fisher Scientific has been leader in ultra-fast analysis of nonmetallic micro-inclusions by spark OES. Take a look at the 10 reasons why it is so.