Discover the Thermo Scientific Niton XL5 Plus Handheld XRF Analyzer
Powered by X-ray fluorescence technology, the Niton XL5 Plus is the lightest, smallest, most powerful handheld XRF analyzer available for elemental determination*. Part of the industry leading Niton family of products, the Niton XL5 Plus analyzer offers unmatched speed, performance, and productivity never seen in a handheld XRF analyzer – until now. Request a demo to speak with a member from our team and learn more about the Niton XL5 Plus Handheld XRF Analyzer.
The Niton XL5 Plus analyzer features a 5W X-ray tube (the most powerful available), to generate lab quality results. Specifically engineered to provide superior analysis, the Niton XL5 Plus analyzer optimizes the geometry between the X-ray source and sample to ensure you’ll receive the lowest limits of detection (LODs). And that’s not all – a dynamic current adjustment and robust graphene window deliver optimum sensitivity for each measurement – even light elements. A smart Fundamental Parameter calibration corrects for sample matrix effects, while a system health check verifies operating parameters to ensure smooth operation.
Expanded field use
See and feel the Niton XL5 Plus analyzer difference. Weighing in at 2.8 lbs (1.3 kg), the Niton XL5 Plus is the lightest and smallest handheld XRF analyzer available for elemental determination. A miniaturized footprint and featherweight design reduce operator fatigue while increasing productivity. With the Niton XL5 Plus analyzer you’ll expand your field use and unlock access to previously unpenetrated tight spots. Seamlessly reach corners, joints and awkward or tight welds with minimal effort.
By reducing downtime, you’ll achieve more with the Niton XL5 Plus analyzer. Fast analysis times help increase sample throughput and production. Equipped with two hot swap batteries, operators can quickly replace a depleted battery. A tilting, color touchscreen, and optional directional keys make it easy for users to navigate through menus, sample readings and more. And with the Niton XL5 Plus analyzer's micro and macro cameras you’ll experience better record keeping too. A micro camera precisely pinpoints your exact measurement, while a macro camera collects full sample imagery.
With the Niton XL5 Plus analyzer, you’ll work smarter, not harder. Our smart, simplified software solution features an application interface that is easy for any user to understand. You’ll have the option to customize data captures and user profiles to create a workflow solution specifically designed to meet the needs of your business. Best of all, our WiFi enabled XRF analyzer empowers you to remotely transfer and view your sample readings.
Browse applications for the Niton XL5 Plus Handheld XRF Analyzer
The structural integrity of pipelines and plant assets is key for safety. Using the powerful Niton XL5 Plus XRF analyzer, operators can perform positive material identification (PMI) to analyze piping material where flow accelerated corrosion, or sulfidic corrosion, is a concern.
- Verify the composition of piping, valves, and reaction vessels in seconds, with the lowest LODs available
- Reach tight spots and corner welds throughout the plant or along the pipeline for continuous inspection and reduced operator fatigue
- Inspect and analyze individual component materials at receiving inspection, in-process welding/fabrication and final inspection check points
Material verification for quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) is critical to product safety. Ensure that no incorrect or out of specification metal alloys enter the manufacturing process with the reliable Niton XL5 Plus XRF analyzer.
- Determine alloy composition and grade for a wide range of metal chemistries faster than ever before
- Improve QA/QC and increase confidence in risk-management practices
- Measure thickness or coat weight of up to four (4) layers of coatings on a specified substrate
- Support layers consisting of pure metals, alloys, and compounds and define substrates consisting of pure metals, alloys, plastics, and wood
For metal recycling businesses, fast and accurate sorting of scrap is essential to enhance both workflow efficiency and profitability. The rugged Niton XL5 Plus XRF analyzer defends against the risk of punctures with standard Detector ProGuard protection. Its lightweight body reduces operator fatigue, enabling users to perform thousands of measurements per day.
- Detect tramp/trace elements which must be identified and measured to meet regulatory standards
- Prevent alloy-mix ups or contaminated scrap from entering the supply stream
- Increase coverage with quantification of more than 30 elements and over a thousand alloys using multiple libraries
Successful mining companies are those that are able to quickly identify and recover the most economically viable resources. Utilize the powerful Niton XL5 Plus XRF analyzer to gather accurate, real-time geochemical data and maximize overall productivity.
- Determine the concentration of elements from Mg to U in various types of geochemical materials
- Quickly identify drill targets on site and in real time
- Cost effective solution for oil and gas exploration, mineral discovery, and mining operations
The detection and remediation of environmental contaminants from industrial and mining operations is a global challenge. Utilize the Niton XL5 Plus XRF analyzer to collect and analyze site samples to meet risk screening assessment requirements.
- Rapidly analyze soil samples in situ while providing information on heavy metal contaminates
- Easily detect RCRA metals, priority pollutants and US EPA target analytes with instant and legally-defensible results
- Achieve instant results at a fraction of the time and cost of off-site laboratory testing
The presence of hazardous substances is strictly regulated in consumer goods. Products such as toys, electronics, jewelry, apparel and more require manufacturers to conduct due diligence programs. The versatile Niton XL5 Plus XRF analyzer enables users to test for plastics and electronic alloys.
- Screen for heavy metals and halogens in consumer goods to prevent non-compliant items from reaching store shelves
- Confidently satisfy General Conformity Certification (GCC) requirements
- Test various types of materials, including metal, ceramics, glass, plastic, wood, fabrics and solders
Small uncertainties in the knowledge of precious metal content may result in significant financial losses for your business. Achieve outstanding accuracy for the determination of gold, platinum, silver, palladium and their alloying elements using the Niton XL5 Plus XRF analyzer.
- Preserve the profitability of each transaction, ranging from manufacturing and trading, to recycling and refining
- Receive gold plating alerts in addition to notification of adulterated materials
- Perform precious metal assay of bullion and jewelry
* The Niton XL5 Plus XRF analyzer weighs 2.8lbs (1.3 kg). The Niton XL5 Plus is the smallest and lightest handheld XRF analyzer leveraging X-ray tube technology.