Portable Niton Scrap Metal Identification
Take the guesswork out of your scrap metal operation
When the exact chemical composition of scrap—including the existence of contaminants or hazardous elements—is uncertain, quality, safety, and regulatory compliance are at risk. To help ensure product integrity, scrap metal operations rely on Thermo Scientific™ Niton™ portable X-ray fluorescence (XRF) analyzers for accurate, reliable material identification.
Niton analyzers can verify elements of interest in virtually all types of metal alloys, from trace levels to commercially pure metals, and are capable of distinguishing alloy grades that are nearly identical in composition to one another.
- Positively identify numerous alloys at material transfer points and guarantee product quality
- Determine metal composition for accurate sorting
- Identify tramp/trace elements
- Get nondestructive analysis in seconds, with little or no need for sample preparation
- Increase the speed of metal processing operations.
Bring accurate sorting and grading to your scrap operation.
Watch how you can achieve faster analysis times and greater sensitivity with the small, lightweight Thermo Scientific™ Niton™ XL5 Analyzer.