We present an ongoing series of complimentary webinars on topics ranging from pharmaceutical to polymer analysis. Tune in to our latest offerings or listen to recordings of previous sessions. Enhance your knowledge and discover the unique benefits of using Thermo Scientific™ UV-Vis spectrophotometers, and our complete portfolio of spectroscopy instruments, for your analysis needs.
On Demand Webinars
Teaching spectroscopy in the high school chemistry classroom
Our special guest presenter, Sally Mitchell, is a Chemistry teacher and the 2009 Conant Award winner for High School Chemistry Teacher of the Year.
This webinar will demonstrate how to incorporate UV-Visible and Infrared spectroscopy into the high school chemistry curriculum. The use of a UV-Visible spectrophotometer will be discussed for kinetics and equilibrium experiments along with an infrared spectrometer for the identification of polymers and other compounds. Specific experiments will be presented including an Aspirin lab for the Visible instrumentation and a Polymer lab for infrared.
Ensuring product quality with spectroscopy techniques (pharmaceutical industry)
During a solid-dosage manufacturing process in pharmaceutical companies, quality control is done in every step of the process to ensure final product quality. Molecular spectroscopy instruments, including UV-Visible, FT-IR, Raman and Near Infrared, play critical roles in various steps of the quality control process. Attend this webinar and learn how this instrumentation is used to:
- ensure quality products
- help compliance with regulations
- simplify your workflow
Improving reliability of UV-Visible spectroscopy data for QA/QC
High quality, accurate data and consistent reporting are critical for any QA/QC laboratory. Analyst errors and unplanned method deviations can lead to a multitude of consequences including out-of-specification results, delays in product release and even product recalls. Attend this webinar and learn how you can:
- simplify your UV-Visible methods
- improve data integrity
- enforce adherence to defined protocols
Webinar: Identification of protein aggregation through UV-Vis spectroscopy
Attend this webinar to learn:
- How to identify the presence of protein aggregates through UV-Visible absorption spectroscopy
- How to obtain a UV-Visible absorption spectrum of a turbid sample without interference from light scatter
- How to determine the concentration of non-aggregated and aggregated species
On-demand Event: UV-Vis solutions in Biopharma and Bioscience
Watch these on-demand presentations about UV-Vis applications in today’s life sciences lab. Users and experts present about current work with UV-Vis and our newest UV-Vis analytical solutions. Topics include:
- RNA assessment to research sex differences in lung disease
- Measuring DNA, RNA, protein concentration and bacterial growth to study protein transporters and develop plasmids
- mRNA vaccine development and manufacturing workflows
- The NanoDrop Eight Microvolume UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
- The Evolution One, One Plus and Pro UV-Vis Spectrophotometers
On-demand webinar: NanoDrop Innovations and the Classroom
Gain unique insights into the landscape of science education by:
- Listening to teachers describe how they use NanoDrop instruments to teach molecular biology
- Learning how NanoDrop advancements improve downstream experiment success by identifying potentially harmful contaminants in DNA/RNA and protein samples
- Discovering how the new NanoDrop Lite Plus instrument makes critical sample information more accessible
On-demand webinar: mRNA vaccine development and manufacturing workflows enabled by UV-Vis spectroscopy
mRNA vaccine methodologies have many advantages over traditional vaccine workflows. Primarily, they elicit a potent immune response, have a much shorter development cycle, and cost less to manufacture. Development of mRNA vaccines requires highly purified nucleic acid components to ensure efficient production.
In this webinar, the speaker will look at the steps involved in the mRNA vaccine development and production process and highlight how UV-Vis spectroscopy is an important QA/QC tool in these workflows.
Access a targeted collection of application notes, case studies, videos, webinars and white papers covering a range of applications for Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy, near infrared spectroscopy, Raman spectroscopy, nuclear magnetic resonance, ultraviolet-visible (UV-Vis) spectrophotometry, X-ray fluorescence, and more.