No purchase necessary to apply for or receive a scholarship.
- SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The Thermo Fisher Scientific Antibody Scholarship Program (“Program”) will award scholarships to eligible life science students, to be used for the 2020-2021 academic year. Entries will be accepted beginning on or about 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (CT) on December 3, 2019 through 11:59:59 p.m. CT on May 5, 2020 (“Application Deadline”). By submitting a scholarship application, each applicant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must be individual persons who (a) will be a legal resident of the 50 U.S. states or District of Columbia as of August 6, 2020; (b) will be age 18 or older as of August 6, 2020; (c) are enrolled as a Graduate Student, or Undergraduate Student at an accredited U.S. college or university (see U.S. Dept. of Education Database at https://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/ ) for Fall 2020; and (d) have a declared major of biology, chemistry, bio-chemistry or a related life science field. In addition, (i) Undergraduate Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors must have cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale; (ii) Undergraduate Freshmen must have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale; and (iii) Graduate Students must have a cumulative graduate GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and have received cumulative undergraduate GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Healthcare Professionals may not participate in this Program. The term Healthcare Professionals includes clinical or non-clinical physicians (including MDs and MDs/Ph.D.s), and physician assistants, nurses, technicians, research coordinators, administrators and purchasing personnel and entities (including hospitals, rehabilitation centers, nursing facilities, home health agencies, clinics and group purchasing organizations, managed care organizations, physician group practices, medical directors for health insurance organizations) and their employees and representatives who are involved in the actual provision of health care services. US federal or state government employees may not participate in this promotion. Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, sales representatives, and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Program Entities”), as well as the immediate family members and/or those persons living in the same households of the foregoing are not eligible to apply or win a scholarship in this Program. This Program is void where prohibited by law.
- HOW TO APPLY: To apply, access Thermo Fisher Scientific Antibody Scholarship Program (the “Website”), and follow all online directions to complete an application form and submit unofficial transcripts and all other required information and documents (collectively, “Application”) by the Application Deadline. If selected as a potential scholarship recipient, you will be required to submit an official transcript to Sponsor by the date communicated by Sponsor in the award notification. You may submit only one Application, using only one name and address. Multiple Applications are prohibited and will cause that applicant to be disqualified. All required information must be completed by the Application Deadline to be eligible to win a scholarship. Incomplete Applications will not be considered. The Program Entities shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Program or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Applications in the Program. The Program Entities assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. False, fraudulent and/or deceptive Applications or acts shall render applicants ineligible for the Program. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel this Program if a minimum of 500 eligible Applications are not received by the submission deadline.
- SCHOLARSHIP AWARD REVIEW PROCESS: Each eligible Application will be reviewed and evaluated by a scholarship committee consisting of approximately 6--15 internal employees with scientific backgrounds in R&D, technical support, program management, or in marketing and quality control, who have been selected by Sponsor to select scholarship recipients by August 6, 2020. Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of those applicants who the committee determines best fit one or more of Sponsor’s values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation or Involvement, as demonstrated by the Application.
Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential scholarship recipients by August 6, 2020, via the contact information provided on the Application. Sponsor shall have no liability for any notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential scholarship recipient for any reason. If any potential scholarship recipient is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a scholarship for any reason prior to award, such potential recipient will be disqualified and an alternate scholarship recipient may be selected.
- SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS: This Program will award one (1) $10,000 scholarships and five (5) $5,000 scholarships.
All scholarship award payments will be made directly to the college or university at which the recipient is enrolled, upon receipt of all documentation from the recipient necessary to process payment. Scholarship funds remaining at the end of the student’s college or university enrollment with the college or university holding the funds will be due and returnable to Sponsor.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Limit one award per applicant. All details and other restrictions of scholarship awards not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All taxes (and the reporting consequences thereof) and any other fees or costs associated with the awards are the sole responsibility of the recipients. Each potential recipient, and recipient’s parent or legal guardian if potential recipient is a minor, may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and (where legal) a Publicity Release within seven (7) days of award notification, or the award may be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected. For each award being offered in connection with the Program, Sponsor will successively attempt to contact up to three (3) potential recipients in accordance with such procedure, and if there is still no confirmed winner after such attempts have been made, the applicable award may go un-awarded. In the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, if a potential recipient cannot be reached via the contact information provided on his/her Application within two (2) days of the first attempt, or if the award or award notification is returned as declined, unclaimed or undeliverable, the award may be forfeited and an alternate recipient may be selected.
- GENERAL RELEASE: The Program Entities assume no responsibility for any damage to an applicant’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or otherwise participating in the Program, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or (if applicable) postage-due submissions or award notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, web sites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in the offering or announcement of the award or in any award notification documents, or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. If, for any reason, the Program is not capable of running as planned, including, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Program, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or extend the Program and, in the event of any termination or cancellation, select award recipients from among all eligible, non-suspect Applications received prior to the termination or cancellation.
- GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF APPLICANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, U.S.A., WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. As a condition of participating in this Program, each participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Program shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the state of Illinois, U.S.A., having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive; incidental; or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Program), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS LIST: The names of the scholarship recipients will be posted on the Website after all recipients have been verified. The names of NCAA governed student-athletes will not be used without consent from the recipient and the recipient’s institution. Additionally, recipients may be requested to sign a release agreeing to allow the Sponsor to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, and/or city/state of residence by Sponsor, or any party authorized by Sponsor, for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide subject to applicable laws and other institution restrictions.
- SPONSOR: Pierce Biotechnology, Inc., a subsidiary of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Rockford, Illinois 61105.
Scholarship program support
If you have any questions or experience any difficulties regarding your scholarship submission, please contact our scholarship coordinator by email at AntibodyScholarship@thermofisher.com.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.