Custom Ligand Development
Innovative products have been developed in collaboration with our customers for the purification of biosimilars and complex proteins for which no generic purification strategy exists, and for use in platform approaches or selective removal of product- and process-related impurities.
CaptureSelect™ affinity products for purification
|Stage||Therapeutic proteins (non-mAb)||Antibody types|
|5: Research products||Human Growth Homone, Antithrombin III,
hCG, Fibrinogen, ApoA1
Transferrin, ApoH, C1-Inh, tPA
|IgA, IgM, CH1-XL|
|4: Lead selection||Prothrombin, GM-CSF,
Exotoxin A (PE)
|3: Prototype resins||Insulin, EPO,
Adenovirus (Ad5), Flu (HA)
|2: Lead screening||IFNa/b, hIL2, Protein C,
FV, FX, FXI, FXII, FXIII, FH, vWF
|1: Library construction||DNAse, AP, HRP,
|Free LC-lambda, scFv, IgY,
Learn more about specific projects from these peer reviewed articles:
We offer a unique, milestone-based service for the development of product- and/or process-specific affinity solutions tailored to a target protein and its specific requirements.
The custom ligand can be further developed into an affinity resin, which can be used in large-scale processing of biopharmaceuticals.
- Immunization with the target protein following our standard protocols
- Serum tests to check reactivity towards the target
- Construction of VHH expression libraries for screening
- Screening of VHH fragments for binding to target under defined binding conditions using ELISA and/or label free binding analysis
- Positive ligands are further tested on possible cross-binding to defined relevant proteins.
- Suitable elution buffers are incorporated during screening using capture based ELISA assays
- VHH ligands are recloned into our yeast expression system for small scale production and immobilized onto appropriate resins
- Evaluation of process conditions in small scale affinity columns
- Larger scale production of top candidates from work package 3 for evaluation at customer’s site
- Select final lead
Following the custom ligand program the customer will have the option to further develop this into an affinity resin that can be used in large scale processing of biopharmaceuticals
For more information on CaptureSelect™ products and services please contact us.