Thermo Fisher Scientific is focused on delivering more control and choice to every customer.
We’ve developed a robust internal infrastructure so you can receive dependable, high-quality products that are designed to meet your exact bulk liquid and buffer requirements. Choose from ready-to-use cell culture media, media supplements, buffers, and other process liquids packaged in standard and customized bioprocess containers (BPCs) from 1 L to 1,000 L.
If you want more information or have questions regarding our catalog or custom offerings for bulk liquids and/or bioprocess containers (BPCs), then please complete this short form and a BioProduction Account Manager or Field Application Specialist will contact you shortly.
Contact us Custom Media Request Form
With continual investment in multiple global plant expansions, Thermo Fisher Scientific aims to provide seamless customer experiences. Since 2011, we have invested over $38M (USD) to enhance supply security and risk mitigation, offering you peace of mind.
Select any of our integrated global locations and receive long-term supply with minimal production interruptions.
Grand Island, New York
2015–2016 = $18.6M investment
- Expansion: increase manufacturing footprint
and add tank capacity (5M liters)
- GMP 21 CFR 820
- ISO 13485 additional finished good warehouse space
- Ability to manage hazardous solutions
2014–2015 = $20M investment
- Expansion: 10,000 L AOF tank
- GMP 21 CFR 820
- Built to class 100,000 standard (ISO 8)
- Water for Injection (WFI) systems—same quality of water
Harmonization of our manufacturing facilities in the US and Europe is in progress.
- Raw materials—expanding our multi-compendial library for common chemical raw materials and standard bag offerings
- Equipment—continually expanding our liquid capabilities for both AO and AOF requests
- Finished product testing—USP/EP testing available; sterility, endotoxin, conductivity, osmolality, pH, etc.
Access warehousing and logistical services in addition to quality manufacturing. Whether your needs are short-term or long-term, we have storage to suit your production and distribution requirements. Manage your shipping by choosing from temperature-controlled, cold, and ambient-temperature warehouses located all over the globe.
Access increased capacity and capabilities at any of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s global facilities.
Avoid shortages with our supplier qualification program
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s supplier qualification program is designed to provide customers with more control over product delivery. We’ve implemented a robust supply risk mitigation strategy to help ensure that our suppliers meet the rigorous standards required to avoid stock-outs and shortages. With a critical component stocking strategy based on lead times and forecasted demand, we guarantee an uninterrupted product supply that features:
- Large-volume liquid manufacturing facilities in Grand Island, New York, and Paisley, Scotland, for media, feeds, buffers, and related process liquids
- BPC manufacturing sites in Logan, Utah; Millersburg, Pennsylvania; and Cramlington, United Kingdom
- Strategically positioned cGMP distribution centers for on-time delivery
Thermo Fisher Scientific enables you to focus on delivering biotherapeutics and vaccines without worrying about costly production interruptions. With an expanded global reach and dual sourcing of raw materials, we’re able to leverage economies of scale and access high-quality resources at the best prices—so you can expect more savings on more options.
To meet current and future customer requirements for insourcing large-volume liquids or bulk liquids, our Grand Island manufacturing facility will adhere to the following standards, supporting consistent performance for each batch:
- ISO 13485
- 210/211 CFR related to sterile filtration
- Annex 1 standard
- Animal Origin Free (AOF)
- Controlled spaces
- Grade C & Grade D
- Single material flow
- Proximity to Finished Good warehouse
- Proximity to Raw Materials warehouse
- 2nd Floor formulation
Our robust supplier management program helps ensure sourcing from qualified and audited raw material suppliers. We have qualified multiple raw-material sources for risk mitigation and contingency planning purposes. We also offer Animal Origin Free (AOF) manufacturing segregation with single-use liquid management systems. These single-use advantages alleviate cleaning, validation, and cross-contamination concerns.
Custom media, buffers, and process liquid formulations and their packaging
We offer expanded expertise in BPC film for bulk liquids. Get multiple proprietary BPC films in customizable types and sizes—only from Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- CX 5-14 and Aegis™5-14 films are validated for liquid fills and shipments from Grand Island and Paisley
- Extractables and leachables data package available for each film
- Stability data in progress for common media and buffer liquid in CX5-14 and Aegis films
- Customer-specified stability available as a fee for service
- Continued supply of liquids in existing orders in 9101 and BF1400 BPCs
Liquid container options can be customized by size and configuration. Our Open Architecture component strategy features a library of more than 1,000 qualified components. This allows you to optimize several aspects of the BPC, including support container, chamber size and porting, tubing size and style, and fittings and end treatments.
Global quality system and technical services
Get the support you need with Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Global Quality System and Gibco BioProduction Services. Our experienced professionals are ready to help you take control of any product development or process optimization challenges you may have.
- State-of-the-art analytical laboratory supports your stability testing requirements
- Stability Data Sheet provides a summary of stability test data for model formulations
- Extractables and leachables data package available for each type of film, with customized testing available upon request
- Packaging engineers to optimize packaging and shipping configurations for enhanced pre- and post-shipment product integrity
Gibco BioProduction Services offer contract services in the following areas:
- Cell line development––custom cell line development programs from sequence optimization to master cell bank creation
- Media development and optimization––deep expertise in cell culture media to help develop or optimize upstream processes
- Spent media analysis, stability studies, and assay development––enable process development scientists to optimize their processes by analyzing media components
- Custom media formulations––over 50 years of expertise in media design and manufacturing
A graphical overview to better visualize our extended range of customizable solutions to meet your bioprocessing needs.
Download your copy