To meet your downstream processing needs, we offer a variety of commercialized resins for affinity, ion exchange (IEX), and hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) applications. From large-scale bioprocess resins and small-scale purification solutions to pre-packed columns and analytical tools for characterization, we have you covered. The Thermo Scientific CaptureSelect and POROS resin technologies address today’s challenges in the purification workflow.
Figure 1. An example of a typical downstream purification process for antibodies and proteins
Maximize efficiency of your capture chromatography step with CaptureSelect affinity resins
Affinity chromatography is a separation technique which makes use of the interaction of a biomolecule and a specific affinity ligand being coupled to a chromatography matrix. Due to the high affinity of the target molecule, a higher yield and purity can be achieved in a single purification step. Hence, using affinity chromatography helps to increase efficiency of your downstream process
Affinity chromatography helps to:
- Reduce the number of steps in your downstream purification process
- Increase product yield in a single step
- Reduce bioprocess development time
- Reduce time to market
The proven CaptureSelect affinity technology enables the purification of antibodies, antibody fragments, recombinant and plasma proteins, and viral vectors. These products enable increased purity and yield in a single purification step and are designed to simplify workflows and reduce time and cost in biopharmaceutical drug development. CaptureSelect affinity resins are manufactured in an animal origin-free production process making these resins suitable for process-scale bioseparations for a wide variety of biotherapeutic compounds.
Select the CaptureSelect affinity product for your unique molecule
The CaptureSelect affinity portfolio consists of multiple products and formats for initial capture of complex proteins. Our affinity resins reduce the number of purification steps required and help improve process efficiency. Depending on your needs you can find the following solutions:
Simplify your downstream process with POROS chromatography resins
POROS chromatography resins address the industry bottlenecks caused by increased titers and product demands for antibodies and recombinant proteins. Through its high-resolution, high-capacity and flow rate independent performance, POROS chromatography resins help improve process throughput and flexibility. These superior chromatography resins are designed for both analytical and process-scale separations of biomolecules such as monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, DNA, viruses and peptides. The high resolution of POROS resins supports excellent separation of closely related product forms. The high capacity and throughput help to simplify the development process and to decrease process times.
The unique features of the POROS chromatography resins:
- Poly(styrene-divinylbenzene) backbone - resulting in linear and scalable performance. The beads are highly robust and chemically stable allowing for stringent cleaning when needed.
- Large throughpores – resulting in a reduced mass transfer resistance compared to other available resins. Capacity and resolution are maintained over a wide range of linear velocities, making the purification process more efficient.
- 50-micron bead size – resulting in superior resolution. The smaller particle size (50 micron) results in tighter peaks and smaller elution volumes, helping to overcome tank size limitations at larger scale.
Figure 3. Scanning electron microscope images showing the POROS bead (left) and the large throughpore structure of the bead surface (right)
Find your POROS chromatography product:
The POROS portfolio of high-performance polish resins consists of multiple products and formats to address your unique molecule. Depending on your needs, you can find the following products and services:
Manufacturing and security of supply
POROS chromatography resins are produced in a validated, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Bedford, Massachusetts. The production capacity measures up to 60,000 square feet of manufacturing space, and the facility follows ISO 9001:2015 certification standards.
CaptureSelect affinity products are manufactured in our production plant in Naarden, the Netherlands. The facility follows ISO 9001:2015 certification. Second site sourcing for the CaptureSelect affinity ligands is assured by manufacturing capabilities at the Thermo Fisher Scientific site in Vilnius, Lithuania, operating under ISO9001-2015 and ISO13485 certification.
- Article: Affinity tags head toward vaccination clinic
- Poster: Advantage of antibody-based selectivity in the purification of biologics
- Article: Affinity chromatography accelerates viral vector purification for gene therapies
- Article: Improving aggregate removal to enhance clinical manufacturing of MAbs
Pharmaceutical Grade Reagent. For Manufacturing and Laboratory Use Only.