Affinity Tag Purification
The ideal affinity tag should be small in size and as inert as possible to limit any potential interaction with the recombinant protein or proteins that might be present in culture media.
CaptureSelect Novel Affinity Tag System
CaptureSelect C-tag/C-tagXL is a novel affinity tag system offering unique selectivity for a small 4 amino acid peptide tag: E-P-E-A (glutamic acid - proline - glutamic acid - alanine), which enables simple purification of C-tagged proteins.
CaptureSelect C-tag Resin
- Smallest affinity tag available: 4 residues: E-P-E-A
- High binding affinity when E-P-E-A tag displayed at C-terminus of protein
- High selectivity for recombinant protein purification
- Binding under both physiological and denaturing conditions (up to 8 M urea)
- Crude feed stock can be applied
- A variety of mild elution buffers can be used to elute the product
- Robust and reusable affinity matrix
- Biotin anti-C-tag conjugate available for detection purposes (ELISA, western)
|CaptureSelect C-tagXL Affinity Matrix||Improved version of CaptureSelect C-tag Affinity Matrix, which features a significant increased binding capacity and better scalable base matrix. The specificity, and the binding and elution conditions did not change.|
|CaptureSelect C-tagXL Affinity Matrix (pre-packed)
||1 mL and 5mL columns pre-packed with the CaptureSelect C-tagXL affinity matrix|
|Binds the short C-tag sequence E-P-E-A (glutamic acid - proline - glutamic acid – alanine) when this affinity tag is fused at the C-terminus of a target protein|
|CaptureSelect C-tag Affinity Matrix (pre-packed)||1 mL columns pre-packed with the CaptureSelect C-tag affinity matrix|
|CaptureSelect Biotin Anti-C-tag Conjugate||Binds the short C-tag sequence E-P-E-A (glutamic acid - proline - glutamic acid – alanine) when this affinity tag is fused at the C-terminus of a target protein|
|CaptureSelect C-tagXL Ligand Leakage ELISA Kit||
Complements the CaptureSelect C-tagXL affinity matrix
Anti-C-tag affinity ligand
In addition to the CaptureSelect C-tag affinity resin, the anti-C-tag affinity ligand is also available as conjugated ligand (conjugated to Biotin). This facilitates easy detection and or quantitation of EPEA C-tagged proteins using techniques such as ELISA, Western blot, and label-free platforms (Biacore™ and Octet®).