Standard Bioprocess Containers & Cell Culture Bags
Featured bioprocess containers
Key features of standard BPCs:
- Available as empty or prefilled containers
- A range of sizes available to meet requirements of outer support containers
- Economic and optimized configurations to cover a wide range of fluid and powder handling applications
- Easily integrates with most systems with multiple connection options
- Validated liquid shipping options are available
Presentation of empty BPCs:
- End fittings are capped or plugged and protected with resealable polybags
- C-Flex™ tubing lines are provided with clamps unless otherwise noted
- Shipped in a strong cardboard carton
- A certificate of analysis is supplied with each lot
Design of standard BPCs
The main component of a BPC chamber is plastic film. The other components are ports that enable tubing to be attached to the chamber. There are a number of different port designs depending on the type of chamber.
The two main types of basic BPC chamber are:
Outer support containers are required for BPCs
Apart from small two-dimensional (2-D) designs, all BPCs and chambers require at least a simple outer support container. The interaction between the chamber and the outer container system is important even in simple liquid handling applications where the BPC system is not moved. The outer support container becomes even more critical where transportation takes place and in more complex applications where mixing is involved.
Have questions about single-use technologies, Gibco™ media, POROS™ chromatography resins, Applied Biosystems™ SEQ rapid contaminant tests, or our Cell Therapy Systems? Click below to access product brochures, training videos, mobile apps and more.