High Content Screening (HCS)-High Content Analysis (HCA) platforms are designed for exceptional resolution with subcellular, automated detection, and phenotyping with intact, fixed, or live cells.
Our high-content screening portfolio consists of Thermo Scientific CellInsight CX5, CX7 LED, Amira Software for 3D analysis, and CX7 LZR HCS platforms and HCS Studio software are made to provide you cutting-edge images and high content imaging data in no time.
HCS/HCA was invented by and registered as a trademark of Cellomics, which is now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Amira Software 3D analysis of neuronal outgrowth and synapse expression in a toxicological study. (Blue) Nuclear staining Hoechst 34580 (Green) Beta tubulin staining to highlight neurons (Red) Postsynaptic density protein (PSD-95)- synaptic marker. These images were acquired using a CellInsight CX7 LZR High Content Analysis Platform (20x 0.75 NA Olympus, 75 stacks at 3 µM).
Amira Software analysis–3D reconstruction and skeletonization of the Cytoskeleton, Cell Counting of single nuclei within 3D Networks, actin fibers in 3D, and tracing single fibers enables quantitation, numbering, length computation, direction and branching detection. Nuclear staining Hoechst and Phalloidin staining to understand cell morphology. Using a CellInsight CX7 High Content Analysis Platform (10x Olympus Objective, 100 stacks at 4 µM).
- Using a combination of established technologies, the CellInsight HCS Platforms can help address both cellular-level intensity and morphological measurements.
- HCS platforms, powered by our proprietary HCS Studio quantitative analysis software saves time by performing simultaneous imaging with cell-level quantification and advanced statistics.
- This real-time analysis approach helps to assure immediate data availability post-scan and aids researchers in making informed decisions more quickly.
- Our HCS technology is one of the industry leaders, as supported by more than 2,000 peer-reviewed publications on over 30 verified assays.
Automated Imaging and Analysis Platforms
Compact widefield screening system to scale up your throughput
- Ideal for researchers needing optics that deliver optimal assay sensitivity
- Provides the robust data and throughput demanded
- Allows for cell-level analysis as imaging occurs
- Powerful image processing algorithms
- High-speed image acquisition
Once you purchase instrument then, register your HCS instrument here.
Integrated performance modes designed for flexibility and discovery
- Ideal for multiplex biology, including time-lapse and live-cell imaging
- Provides multiple outputs that would take several assays to obtain on traditional systems
- Solid state high-intensity 7-color LED light engine
- Flexibility of widefield or confocal imaging in all 7 wave-lengths
- High-resolution fluorescence microscopy images
- EurekaScan enabled
Designed with 3D cell models in mind
- Ideal for 3D organoid and spheroid imaging
- 7-distinct, solid-state lasers to facilitate both widefield and confocal screens
- Designed to provide sensitivity and speed needed for emerging 3D assays
- Delivers better light penetration to sample and superior image quality
- Widefield and confocal imaging can be combined in the same run
- EurekaScan enabled
Add high-throughput screening capabilities when you need or when budget allows
Thermo Scientific Amira Software is a powerful, multifaceted 2D–5D platform for visualizing, processing, and understanding life science research data from many image modalities and is especially suited for 3D biology.
- Accurate and efficient—to investigate the most demanding scientific and experimental models used in HCS, including immuno-oncology, neuroscience, and organoid health
- Incredible speed and flexibility—helps enable advanced 2D–5D bioimaging workflows in research areas ranging from structural and cellular biology, to neuronal and spheroid morphology in 3D models
- To facilitate these advanced analyses, Amira Software features deep learning for improved training and prediction, including "intelligent denoising functionality".
Amira Software has been customized to recognize the native 3D image formats from the CellInsight CX5, CellInsight CX7, and CellInsight CX7 LZR platforms.
Invitrogen HCA Onstage Incubator
Enable live-cell imaging and real-time quantitative analysis with our environmental control chamber. When combined with the Invitrogen High-Content Analysis (HCA) Onstage Incubation system, the CellInsight Platform is ideal for time-lapse imaging at high resolution and for 3D acquisition. The environmental chamber mimics both physiological and non-physiological conditions, making the system ideal for demanding hypoxia experiments in 3D cell models. These capabilities are complimented by HCS Studio Cell Analysis Software for increased statistical power.
Orbitor RS Microplate Mover
The CellInsight HCS Platforms can be equipped for automated high-throughput screening using the Orbitor RS plate handler. You can increase the processing capacity up to 80 plates with our automation solution. The HCS Studio software can directly operate the Orbitor instrument, eliminating the need for third-party software.
Which HCS system is right for you?
|CellInsight CX5 Platform||CellInsight CX7 Platform||CellInsight CX7 LZR Platform|
|Illumination||5 channels||7 channels||7 channels|
|Widefield||5 channels||6 color high output LED||7 color laser excitation|
|Brightfield||White||4 specific LED + white light for higher contrast imaging||4 specific LED + white light for higher contrast imaging|
|Confocal||NA||Spinning disk 40 µm/70 µm||Spinning disk 40 µm/70 µm|
|Onboard real-time analysis software||HCS Studio 4.0 Cell Analysis Software||HCS Studio 4.0 Cell Analysis Software||HCS Studio 4.0 Cell Analysis Software|
|Focus||Software||Laser and software||Laser and software|
|Microplate types||6 to 1,536 wells||6 to 1,536 wells||6 to 1,536 wells|
|Live-cell and time-lapse imaging||Optional on-stage incubator with kinetic scheduling of acquisition and analysis|
|Database||STORE Express Image and Database Management Software Included, Scalable SQL/Oracle database options available|
Learn more about 2D/3D visualization and analysis (2D–5D)
With incredible speed and flexibility, Amira Software supports advanced 2D–5D bioimaging workflows in research areas ranging from structural and cellular biology to tissue imaging, neuroscience, preclinical imaging and bioengineering.
Visual and quantitative analysis of 3D cell models
Explore how Thermo Fisher’s Imaging and Analysis Platforms help ensure clear and rapid visualization of any 3D Model System.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.