Discover the power of High-Content Screening
High-content screening/analysis (HCS) was invented by and registered as a trademark of Cellomics, which is now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our high-content screening portfolio consists of Thermo Scientific CellInsight CX5, CX7 LED, and CX7 LZR HCS platforms and HCS Studio software designed to provide you cutting-edge images and data in no time. Explore our high-content screening platforms that are designed to provide exceptional resolution for subcellular detection, automated detection, and phenotyping with intact, fixed, or live cells.
- Using a combination of established technologies, the CellInsight HCS Platforms can help address both cellular-level intensity and morphological measurements.
- HCS platforms, powered by our proprietary HCS Studio quantitative analysis software saves time by performing simultaneous imaging with cell-level quantification and advanced statistics.
- This real-time analysis approach helps to assure immediate data availability post-scan and aids researchers in making informed decisions more quickly.
- Our HCS technology is one of the industry leaders, as supported by more than 2,000 peer-reviewed publications on over 30 validated assays.
Family brochure: CellInsight High-Content Screening Platforms
Delivering superior performance for cell-based assays
Visual and quantitative analysis of 3D cell models
Explore how Thermo Fisher’s Imaging and Analysis Platforms help ensure clear and rapid visualization of any 3D Model System.
Automated Imaging and Analysis Platforms
Compact widefield screening system to scale up your throughput
- Ideal for researchers needing optics that deliver optimal assay sensitivity
- Provides the robust data and throughput demanded
- Allows for cell-level analysis as imaging occurs
- Powerful image processing algorithms
- High-speed image acquisition
Once you purchase instrument then, register your HCS instrument here.
Integrated performance modes designed for flexibility and discovery
- Ideal for multiplex biology, including time-lapse and live-cell imaging
- Provides multiple outputs that would take several assays to obtain on traditional systems
- Solid state high-intensity 7-color LED light engine
- Flexibility of widefield or confocal imaging in all 7 wave-lengths
- High-resolution fluorescence microscopy images
- EurekaScan enabled
Designed with 3D cell models in mind
- Ideal for 3D organoid and spheroid imaging
- 7-distinct, solid-state lasers to facilitate both widefield and confocal screens
- Designed to provide sensitivity and speed needed for emerging 3D assays
- Delivers better light penetration to sample and superior image quality
- Widefield and confocal imaging can be combined in the same run
- EurekaScan enabled
Add capabilities when you need or when budget allows
Invitrogen HCA Onstage Incubator
Enable live-cell imaging and real-time quantitative analysis with our environmental control chamber. When combined with the Invitrogen High-Content Analysis (HCA) Onstage Incubation system, the CellInsight Platform is ideal for time-lapse imaging at high resolution and for 3D acquisition. The environmental chamber mimics both physiological and non-physiological conditions, making the system ideal for demanding hypoxia experiments in 3D cell models. These capabilities are complimented by HCS Studio Cell Analysis Software for increased statistical power.
Orbitor RS Microplate Mover
The CellInsight HCS Platforms can be equipped for automated high-throughput screening using the Orbitor RS plate handler. You can increase the processing capacity up to 80 plates with our automation solution. The HCS Studio software can directly operate the Orbitor instrument, eliminating the need for third-party software.
Which HCS system is right for you?
|CellInsight CX5 Platform||CellInsight CX7 Platform||CellInsight CX7 LZR Platform|
|Illumination||5 channels||7 channels||7 channels|
|Widefield||5 channels||6 color high output LED||7 color laser excitation|
|Brightfield||White||4 specific LED + white light for higher contrast imaging||4 specific LED + white light for higher contrast imaging|
|Confocal||NA||Spinning disk 40 µm/70 µm||Spinning disk 40 µm/70 µm|
|Onboard real-time analysis software||HCS Studio 4.0 Cell Analysis Software||HCS Studio 4.0 Cell Analysis Software||HCS Studio 4.0 Cell Analysis Software|
|Focus||Software||Laser and software||Laser and software|
|Microplate types||6 to 1,536 wells||6 to 1,536 wells||6 to 1,536 wells|
|Live-cell and time-lapse imaging||Optional on-stage incubator with kinetic scheduling of acquisition and analysis|
|Database||STORE Express Image and Database Management Software Included, Scalable SQL/Oracle database options available|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.