The easy-to-use choice for everyday cloning
Invitrogen Gateway recombination cloning technology circumvents traditional restriction enzyme based cloning limitations, enabling you to access virtually any expression system in just a few simple steps. From protein expression to functional analysis, Gateway cloning technology is applicable for a variety of research areas, for truly multidisciplinary scientific studies.
Circumvent the roadblocks of traditional restriction enzyme cloning—no need for ligase, subcloning steps, or the hours spent to screen countless colonies. Experience Gateway cloning technology.
- Fast reactions—1 hour room-temperature cloning reactions
- Accurate results—cloning reactions achieve >95% efficiency to deliver the clone you need
- Versatile technology—easily shuttle DNA material/ insert from vector to vector
- Streamlined protocol—no need for resequencing; use the same clone from target identification to validation (see the basics of Gateway cloning reactions)
Single-step BP/LR Clonase reaction protocol
DNA fragments can be cloned into Destination vectors in a single step reaction, allowing you to save time and money.
- Reduce the overall time needed to obtain an Expression clone from 3 days to 1
- Reduce the cost by using less BP Clonase enzyme
Gateway cloning essentials
Related cloning tools
Cloning tools and resources
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.