SpeciMAX Saliva Collection Kit is optimized to easily collect and transport saliva samples for SARS-CoV-2
Improve your high throughput SARS-CoV-2 surveillance testing with the SpeciMax Saliva Collection Kit. Your lab’s solution for efficient, cost-effective, standardized saliva collection compatible with downstream analysis workflows and automation systems.
Saliva collection kit optimized for your automated workflow
- Optimized for viral RNA extraction and direct to PCR workflows using Applied Biosystems MagMAX Viral/Pathogen kits (RUO),Thermo Scientific KingFisher Purification Systems,Applied Biosystems TaqCheck SARS-CoV-2 Fast PCR Assay (RUO), and TaqMan Applied Biosystems TaqMan® Assays (RUO)
- Standardized collection tubes sized to fit most automation sample racks with supplied barcodes
Space and cost savings compared to other collection kits
- No manual sample transfer step needed when used with automatic liquid handlers (see the time savings)
- Uses less 4°C refrigeration space than other collectors (Need room temperature storage? Request more information)
- No sample swabs to work around
Easy-to-use solution with non-invasive self-collection capability
- Secures 1-2 mL saliva in 6 mL polypropylene transfer tube
- Self-collection preferred by most users
Secure and trusted transport of saliva samples
- 95kPa compliant saliva collection tube for safe transport
- Single-use individually-packaged kits available in cases of 400 from a trusted single-source supplier (Looking for bulk ordering? Request more information)
SpeciMAX Saliva Collection Kit compared to 15 and 50 mL conical tubes
Optimized for saliva collection
|SpeciMAX Saliva Collection Kit||15 and 50 mL conical tube or conical tube with straw|
|Time||No manual sample transfer- fits directly into automation racks||30 sec manual transfers x 1000 samples|
= 8 hrs of lost labor
|Storage||6 mL size||15 and 50 mL size|
|Accuracy||Comparable to nasopharyngeal swabs using standard extraction||Increased risk of contamination due to manual transfers, epithelial cells taken from straw can interfere with reading|
|Ease of use||Convenient wide mouth funnel for easy saliva collection|
Optimized for saliva collection
|Small diameter straw or tube increases collection difficulties and user error|
Repurposed tubes not optimized for saliva collection
How many samples do you want to process a day? How many hours are you losing?
Benefits of SpeciMax saliva collection over nasal swab and nasopharyngeal collection:
- Non-invasive sample collection
- Self-collected and less variability between users
- Easier laboratory workflow (no swabs to deal with)
- No mucus issues
- Preferred by most users
SpeciMAX Saliva Collection Kit fits into your direct to PCR or viral RNA extraction workflow. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, we offer both solutions depending on your needs.
Direct-to-PCR workflows for the TaqMan SARS-CoV-2 Fast PCR Combo Kit 2.0 and TaqCheck SARS-CoV-2 Fast PCR Assay.
SARS-CoV-2 surveillance testing for population-level occurrence
Standard viral RNA extraction workflows with MagMAX Viral/Pathogen kits (RUO) and KingFisher
See the more sensitive detection RNA extraction workflow here
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.