QuantiGene SinglePlex assays provide a fast and high-throughput solution for gene expression quantitation, allowing the measurement of a gene of interest in a single well of a 96- or 384-well plate. The QuantiGene SinglePlex assay is hybridization-based and incorporates branched DNA (bDNA) technology, which uses signal amplification rather than target amplification for direct measurement of RNA transcripts. The assay is extremely easy to use with a simple ELISA-like workflow, and does not require RNA purification.
Detect original RNA or DNA population using signal amplification
- Direct from lysate quantitation using signal amplification—No RNA or DNA purification, reverse transcription, or PCR amplification needed
- Precisely quantify subtle differences in gene expression as small as 10%
- Simple workflow features lyse-and-go sample preparation, easily automatable ELISA-like protocol, and readout using any standard luminometer
- Analyze any sample type: cultured cells; whole blood or dried blood spots; fresh, frozen, or formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissues; plants; bacteria.
- RNA assay—widely used in biomarker discovery for gene expression analysis, secondary screening, microarray validation, quantification of RNAi knockdowns, and predictive toxicology
- HT assay—384-well format for high-throughput screening
- DNA Assay—used for copy number determination in transgenic animals, plant zygocity testing
QuantiGene Singleplex assays bring the power of branched DNA (bDNA) technology to basic and pre-clinical research. The bDNA assay is a sandwich nucleic acid hybridization method that uses bDNA molecules to amplify signal from captured target RNA. bDNA technology forms the basis of the FDA-approved clinical diagnostic VERSANT 3.0 assays for HIV, HCV and HBV viral load, that are offered commercially by Siemens and have been in use for over a decade. Another advantage of bDNA assays is that RNA is measured directly from the sample source, without RNA purification or enzymatic manipulation, thereby avoiding inefficiencies and variability introduced by or errors inherent to these processes.
The new high-throughput 384-well format of the QuantiGene Singleplex Assay features the same spectacular performance as the standard QuantiGene Singleplex Assay while allowing for much higher throughput. With automation, thousands of compounds can be screened daily.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.