QuantiGene Singleplex Assay & Singleplex HT Assay
Detect original RNA or DNA population using signal amplification
- No RNA or DNA purification
- No reverse transcription
- No PCR amplification
Avoid biases and sample loss with direct-from-lysate quantitation using signal amplification
- No target loss during RNA/DNA isolation
- No biases associated with cDNA synthesis
- No biases associated with enzyme inhibition or fluorescent dye incorporation during PCR amplification
- Sensitivity comparable to real-time PCR (limit of detection)
- Precisely quantify as little as 10% difference in gene expression
Simplified workflow with direct from lysate quantitation
- Lyse-and-go sample preparation
- ELISA-like protocol—add and wash reagents
Read using a standard plate luminometer
Analyze any sample, any target
- RNA quantitation directly from any sample—cultured cells; whole blood; dried blood spots; fresh, frozen or formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissues; plants; bacteria; purified RNA and DNA.
- Create probe sets against any target sequence
- RNA assay—widely used in biomarker discovery, secondary screening, microarray validation, quantification of RNAi knockdowns, and predictive toxicology
- HT assay—384-well format for high-throughput screening
- DNA Assay—used for copy number determination in transgenic animals, plant zygocity testing
QuantiGene Singleplex assays bring the power of branched DNA (bDNA) technology to basic and pre-clinical research. The bDNA assay is a sandwich nucleic acid hybridization method that uses bDNA molecules to amplify signal from captured target RNA. bDNA technology forms the basis of the FDA-approved clinical diagnostic VERSANT 3.0 assays for HIV, HCV and HBV viral load, that are offered commercially by Siemens and have been in use for over a decade. Another advantage of bDNA assays is that RNA is measured directly from the sample source, without RNA purification or enzymatic manipulation, thereby avoiding inefficiencies and variability introduced by or errors inherent to these processes.
The new high-throughput 384-well format of the QuantiGene™ Singleplex Assay features the same spectacular performance as the standard QuantiGene Singleplex Assay while allowing for much higher throughput. With automation, thousands of compounds can be screened daily.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.