PubGo Plugin for Publications
What is the PubGo plugin?
The PubGo™ plugin* (beta version) for use with Adobe™ Reader™ and Acrobat™ software is designed to complement your publication-reading experience by providing additional information about products that are mentioned in the publication. The first time you download the plugin, you will be asked to associate the PubGo plugin with your active versions of Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat software.
After you’ve done this, each time you open a PDF the tool will automatically run in the background, identifying related products where appropriate. For the Thermo Fisher Scientific family of branded products, you will be presented with links to product detail pages and, in some cases, more information about the product.
The PubGo plugin helps researchers to discover products and reproduce experiments with minimal effort.
- Quickly identify relevant products and related material (e.g., product protocols, prices, alternate sizes)
- Easily find replacement products when reading an older paper citing a product that is no longer available
- Access direct links to more detailed product information
- Windows XP, 7, or 8
- Adobe Reader or Acrobat 10 or 11
Download the PubGo installer for Windows. Run the installer and follow instructions. When prompted, agree to Terms and Conditions to complete installation. If you have both Adobe Reader and Acrobat software installed, the PubGo plugin will be added to both.
- Mac OS 10.6 or above
- Adobe Reader or Acrobat 10 or 11
Download the PubGo installer for Mac. Run the installer and follow instructions. When prompted, agree to Terms and Conditions to complete installation. If you have more than one version of Adobe Reader software installed, or both Reader and Acrobat software installed, the PubGoinstaller will prompt you to pick the version you'd like to use.
*Plugins add additional functionality to Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader software. They are extensions of the Acrobat/Reader interface that enhance your reading experience or provide other features pertaining to the PDF content. Such plugins are typically a file with the extension .api placed in the Acrobat/Reader plugin folder. When you install the PubGo plugin, the plugin file is automatically copied to the appropriate Acrobat/Reader plugin folder. The PubGo Plugin menu in Acrobat or Reader, which is enabled when the PubGo app is installed, allows you to enable or disable the app, and control display of products within the publication (view a screen shot example here).
These Terms and Conditions of Use are effective on: 9/16/2014
These Terms and Conditions of Use (“Agreement”) apply to the Life Technologies PubGo application (“App”) for Adobe Acrobat Reader or Professional software and your use of it. This is an agreement between you and Life Technologies Corporation. By accessing, installing, copying, or using the App, you agree to be bound by the terms set forth herein. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement, then you may not install, copy, or use this App.
The App is not sponsored, endorsed by, or affiliated with Adobe Systems Incorporated, and “Adobe” and “Acrobat” are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated and its subsidiaries. NEITHER LIFE TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION NOR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE USE OF THE ADOBE ACROBAT READER OR PROFESSIONAL SOFTWARE. It is your sole responsibility to abide by the terms of, and to obtain all necessary licenses from Adobe Systems Incorporated and to pay all license fees and taxes for the use of the Adobe Acrobat Reader or Professional Software, if any.
We reserve the right to revise this Agreement at any time and in any manner by posting an update to www.lifetechnologies.com/pubgo. Any revisions to this Agreement shall be effective as of the time of posting or the date specified herein, whichever is later. Your continued use of this App after a posted change of this Agreement means that you agree to be bound by the changes. IT IS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THESE TERMS PERIODICALLY AND YOU AGREE THAT YOU SHALL BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND ANY MODIFICATIONS HEREOF.
- You warrant that you are at least the age of majority where you reside and are fully able and competent to enter into a binding contract. You also warrant that you are able to abide by and comply with this Agreement. If you are not the age of majority or over, do not install or use this App.
- You may not use the App for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all federal, state, local, and provincial laws, rules and regulations and regulation and/or institutional policy applicable to your use of the App, including but not limited to, copyright laws.
- You must not interfere or disrupt the App or servers or networks connected to the App, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature.
- You are solely responsible for your use of the App. You agree that Life Technologies is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user.
- Unless otherwise specified, the App is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the App.
- There may be links in the App, or from communications you receive from the App, to Life Technologies controlled or third-party web sites or features. Functionality on the App may also permit interactions between the App and a third-party web site. Life Technologies does not control any of these third-party web services or any of their content. You expressly acknowledge and agree that Life Technologies is in no way responsible or liable for any such third-party web sites. YOUR CORRESPONDENCE AND BUSINESS DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTIES FOUND THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY.
- Limitation on Liability. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, THAT ARISES OUT OF OR IS IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY USE OF THE APP. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of your information, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. If, despite the limitation above, Life Technologies is found liable for any loss or damage which arises out of, or is in any way connected with, any of the occurrences described in the limitation above, then its liability will in no event exceed, in total, the sum of US $100.00. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, SO THE LIMITATIONS ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE APP WHICH IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS‐IS" AND "AS‐AVAILABLE" BASIS. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT ITS APP WILL BE ERROR‐FREE. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND TIMELINESS OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION DISTRIBUTED WITH RESPECT TO THE APP. LIFE TECHNOLOGIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON‐INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THIS WARRANTY DISCLAIMER MAY BE LIMITED IN ITS APPLICABILITY TO YOU.
- Time limitation on claims. You agree that any claim you may have arising out of this Agreement, your use of the App, and/or rights of privacy must be filed within one year after such claim arose; otherwise, your claim is permanently barred.
- Acts Beyond Life Technologies’ Control. The failure of Life Technologies to comply with this Agreement because of an act of God, war, fire, riot, terrorism, earthquake, actions of federal, state, provincial or local governmental authorities, or for any other reason beyond the reasonable control of Life Technologies, shall not be deemed a breach of this Agreement.
- Governing Law and Consent to Jurisdiction. The laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of laws principles, will govern this Agreement. If you take any legal action relating to your use of this App or this Agreement, you agree to file such action only in the state or federal courts located in San Diego, California, USA.
- No Waiver. Life Technologies’ failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Life Technologies in writing.
- Captions. The headings in this Agreement are for your convenience and reference. These headings do not limit or affect this Agreement.
- Complete Agreement. This Agreement, together with those items made a part of this Agreement by reference, make up the entire agreement between Life Technologies and users of the App and replaces any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written) regarding the App. If a court finds any portion of this Agreement to be unenforceable or invalid, those term(s) will be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law and the other portions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
- By installing the App, the App will from time to time download information from Life Technologies or an authorized third party vendor in order to populate the information in the App. By using the App, you consent to the transmission of such information.
- The App may be disabled by you at any time. Disabling the App will prevent any information from being transmitted to or from Life Technologies.