TSX Series Freezers & Refrigerators
A better environment, inside and out
Thermo Scientific™ TSX Series ultra-low freezers, high-performance refrigerators and freezers are designed with features that support sustainability objectives without compromising performance. The Series’ V-drive technology is designed to provide temperature uniformity that adapts to the laboratory environment, offering significant energy savings.
Discover the TSX Series portfolio
TSX Series ultra-low freezers
Now available in four capacities, these -80°C freezers maximize sample storage capacity and offer substantial energy savings over conventional-refrigerant ultra-low freezers.
Available ultra-low freezers:
TSX high-performance refrigerators
Designed to meet the performance required for the lab and clinical environment, these new high-performance refrigerators offer a sustainable choice for applications requiring 2° to 8°C storage.
TSX high-performance -20°C and -30°C freezers
Offering a quiet, sustainable alternative, these new high-performance freezers are available in -30°C auto or -20°C manual defrost models.
Choose the freezer that stands the test of time
What is the TSX Series’ V-drive?
The performance and energy savings of the TSX Series are driven by the V-drive
While conventional refrigerant models use single speed compressors that continually cycle on and off, the TSX Series’ V-drive runs at variable speeds to adjust cooling performance to the conditions inside and outside the refrigerator or freezer.
- When combined with the automated tuning control, the V-drive optimizes the compressor’s running
speed to the current conditions.
- When there are frequent door openings, or samples added to the refrigerator or freezer, the control system detects this activity and increases the drive speed to bring temperatures back to the setpoint quickly. This innovative technology is one of the reasons why the TSX Series delivers outstanding door opening recovery.
- When conditions are stable such as overnight or on weekends, the drive runs at a lower speed, reducing energy consumption while maintaining a stable interior environment.
How exactly is the TSX Series sustainable?
Some of its feature include:
- Natural refrigerants for lower environmental impact and higher cooling efficiency
- Water-blown foam insulation (TSX Series ultra-low freezers) eliminates the refrigerant out-gassing, common in other foam products
- Manufacturing of all TSX Series models takes place in an award-winning, zero-waste-to-landfill facility (93% recycling, 7% waste to energy)
Is the TSX series quiet?
Yes, unlike many other models, the TSX Series is so quiet you don’t need to keep them in the hallway. The TSX Series ultra-low freezers are up to 20X quieter than our previous generation of ultra-low freezers. The combination of the V-drive with the Series’ insulation limits the sound output to less than 48 DB—approximately the sound of a conventional refrigerator. With the new TSX Series high-performance refrigerators and freezers, the sound output is just 52 dB, or 50 dB for manual-defrost -20°C models. Our new TSX505 undercounter refrigerator runs at just 37 dBA.
Introducing the DeviceLink Hub wireless monitoring solution
Accelerate scientific discovery and increase lab productivity
Connectivity, including the important benefits of remote monitoring, is enhancing workflows and increasing efficiency and productivity within the lab. Thermo Scientific DeviceLink HUB, our easy-to-install solution, works with the Thermo Fisher Cloud to monitor conditions inside select ultra-low freezers, high-performance refrigerators and freezers*.
*See ordering information for specific models.
TSX Series resource library
TSX Series Ultra-Low Temperature Freezer
TSX Series High-Performance Refrigerators
TSX Undercounter Refrigerators
ENERGY STAR Infographic