Protection that never takes a day off
For over five decades we have been manufacturing Thermo Scientific™ biological safety cabinets (BSCs) which place us in the unique position to support your expansions and standardization worldwide.
Whether you are building a new lab or renovating your current one, our team can assist you through the complex lab planning process with technical and application guidance.
Biosafety cabinet new construction resources
Drawings are available in PDF format
Site preparation forms ensure that you have all the necessary information required for your installation.
When the biological safety cabinet is used for work with volatile toxic chemicals or occasionally for integration into high-containment facilities, there may be a desire to convey the filtered BSC exhaust out of the laboratory and release it to the atmosphere. In this case, there are many variables to consider, including:
- Thimble or direct connection (direct connections require dedicated duct)
- Local exhaust regulations
New construction support
We can support your new construction or remodeling project in all stages of the process:
- Application support for class and type of biological safety cabinets
- Specifications for mechanical, electrical and plumbing requirements
- Revit® and CAD drawings available for pre-design planning
- Sustainability and energy savings calculations
- Budgeting and planning support for laboratory equipment
- AIA presentations (qualify for CEU credits)