The Thermo Scientific InsuQuant™ Mass Spectrometric Immunoassay (MSIA™) Kit contains all reagents and consumables needed to run insulin MSIA. The kit includes a rack of Insulin MSIA D.A.R.T.S., recombinant human insulin standard, internal insulin analog standard, wash buffer, LC column, and elution solvent.
InsuQuant: Discover the difference
Many of today’s commercially available insulin assays lack the specificity needed to differentiate human insulin from common insulin analogues.
The InsuQuant™ MSIA™ Kit is a complete, streamlined insulin analysis solution that enables simultaneous detection and differentiation between endogenous and exogenous insulin types. Available for both semi-automated and high-throughput formats, the InsuQuant Kit improves reproducibility, saves time, and optimizes your hybrid immunoassay workflow.
What is InsuQuant?
The InsuQuant Mass Spectrometric Kit is an affinity purification clean-up kit used to extract endogenous insulin and exogenous insulin analogues from plasma for further analysis in LC-MS. Porous microcolumns are coated with an insulin-specific affinity ligand, targeted to capture insulin and its exogenous analogues. Through repeated pipetting of the matrix, the analyte of interest is put into contact with the antibody-coated surface on the microcolumn.
- Easy-to-use—ships ready-to-use with all reagents and consumables
- Cost savings—minimizes wear-and-tear on LC-MS, requiring less maintenance and decreasing instrument down-time
- Reduced background—excellent affinity binding capability and highly reproducible
- High sensitivity—up to 47% improvement of insulin detection compared to similar protein purification methodologies
- Time savings—ability to multiplex both endogenous and exogenous insulin types in one run
- Flexible—applicable for semi- and fully-automated workflows (Finnpipette Novus I and Versette platforms)
Components of the MSIA InsuQuant Mass Spec Kit
|Insulin MSIA D.A.R.T.’S
1 rack, 96 units/rack
200 µl, rH insulin
1 mL, insulin analog
80 mL, removal solution
13 mL, release solution
60 mL, dilution solution
reversed-phase polymer monolithic column
2.5 mg, carrier peptide
Webinar: MSIA Workflow for Insulin Purification and MS Analysis
Background and Overview
Click here to learn about the traditional challenges associated with insulin analysis and how MSIA can be incorporated into a hybrid LC-MS workflow to improve sensitivity and reduce background.
Click here to learn more about how King’s College implemented MSIA as their primary insulin immunoassay. In this segment, Lewis Couchman explains how their methodologies were tailed to optimize MSIA, and reviews the chromatography and calibration curve results.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.