Streamlined digital analysis for protein and nucleic acid gels and blots.
Thermo Scientific myImageAnalysis Software v2.0 is a full-featured, multifunction computer program to analyze and edit digital images of electrophoresis gels and blots that were acquired using gel documentation imagers or scanners.
The myImageAnalysis Software v2.0 comprises a complete set of easy-to-use research tools for the quantitative digital analysis of image data from electrophoresis gels and Western blots. The software uses a powerful algorithm to automatically select and identify lanes and band-boundaries for calculation of migration distances or densitometry. Intuitive, ready-to-use functions (buttons) provide molecular weight determination, relative and absolute quantitation, and purity calculation. Images are easily loaded, viewed, compared, adjusted (e.g., contrast, rotation, crop) and annotated. The program reads and writes to standard file formats, providing compatibility with nearly any source image or final presentation method.
- Intuitive design – sleek task-bars (ribbons) organize functions into four main tabs: File, Image, Lanes/Bands, Annotation
- Compatible file types – load images in popular file formats (TIFF, JPEG, PNG, etc.); analyze images from nearly any source, and easily share the results
- Image comparison – open two to six image files at once to review them simultaneously or toggle between them to edit them in parallel
- Auto-identification – accurate, customizable, automatic lane and band identification creates numbered, selectable objects for lane profile densitometry and analysis
- MW determination – versatile, trouble-free calculation of migration distances and molecular weights based on pre-installed or custom-added markers
- Advanced quantitation – automatically calculate sample purity based on band and lane intensities, or determine the relative or absolute quantities of bands or regions
- Image refinement and annotation – crop, rotate, invert, display saturation and adjust contrast; then add simple labels, notes and arrows
- Exporting and sharing – easily transfer data and images to Microsoft* Excel*, Word* and PowerPoint* Programs for further analysis and presentation
The myImageAnalysis Software v2.0 was developed for use with images captured by the Thermo Scientific myECL Imager (purchase of the imager includes the software). However, myImageAnalysis Software v2.0 is an independent, standalone product whose complete array of features is available and functional for analysis of any suitable-quality image of a gel or blot. Digitized images acquired via any imager or scanning device can be analyzed so long as they can be exported to a standard file format (TIFF preserves the most accurate densitometry information).
- Automatically identify and delimit lane and band boundaries for analysis
- Examine densitometry profiles of lanes and bands
- Calculate and report migration distances and molecular weights of bands relative to standards
- Overlay image of colored protein ladder onto image of chemiluminescent signal
- Assess band purity by densitometry of stained bands relative to entire lanes
- Measure and report the relative and absolute quantity of bands or regions
- Quickly annotate and export analyzed images and quantitative data
myImageAnalysis Software v2.0, 2 activation licenses, and user manual (within the software) and the following software updates:
- Export to Microsoft Excel now includes an "All Lanes" worksheet containing all lane and band data
- Copy and paste the image from myImageAnalysis to another program (such as Word or PowerPoint) using CTL+C and CTL+V
- Export the contrast adjusted image as a JPEG, 8-bit TIFF or 16-bit TIFF
- New "Open Images" button that can open one or multiple images and "Close Image" button on the File Tab
- Enhanced free image rotate algorithm resulting in better quality image and displayed rotation angle
- Miscellaneous feature updates and performance improvements
Computer running MicroSoft* Windows* XP*, Windows Vista*, or Windows 7* Operating Systems
|NEW|| Protein Electrophoresis and Western Blotting Support Center
Find tips, troubleshooting help, and resources for your western workflow.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.