Membranes and Transfer Buffers for Western Blotting
Western blotting membranes & transfer buffers
Sheets, rolls, and pre-assembled sandwiches containing nitrocellulose or PVDF with high binding capacities for Western blot and other protein or nucleic acid methods.
Pre-cut cotton sheets for wet or semi-dry, passive or electrophoretic transfer of proteins from polyacrylamide gels to PVDF, nitrocellulose, or other membranes.
Ready-to-use buffers for standard wet, semi-dry and fast semi-dry blotting systems.
Before you commit valuable time and detection reagents to western blot detection, assess the efficiency of the SDS-PAGE transfer step by using a reversible membrane stain. Ponceau S stain has traditionally been used as a membrane stain, but it lacks the detection sensitivity needed for some transferred proteins. Our Pierce® and Novex® membrane stains offer superior sensitivity and do not affect downstream western detection steps.
Pierce® Reversible Protein Stain Kits for Membranes
- Good staining profile—highly sensitive, easy to document, permanent until reversed (does not fade)
- Sensitive—high-avidity, total-protein stain; lower limit of detection equals 25 to 50 ng per band
- Specific—detects only protein; does not bind or interact with other electrophoresis or sample components; downstream western blot detection is unaffected
- Rapid—typically stain in less than 5 minutes (nitrocellulose kit) or 30 minutes (PVDF kit); completely erase and reverse staining in less than 15 minutes
- Stable—components are stable at room temperature, saving refrigerator space and eliminating equilibration steps
Novex® Reversible Membrane Protein Stain Kit
- Sensitive—highly sensitive protein band detection (<10 ng bovine serum albumin) with minimal background
- Rapid—the staining procedure is typically complete in less than 10 minutes, resulting in blue protein bands; the staining reaction is fully reversed in 5 additional minutes
- Nondestructive—subsequent western blot detection is unaffected by the staining and erasing process, and in some cases higher sensitivity is achieved
- Stable—kit is stored at room temperature for convenience
|NEW|| Protein Electrophoresis and Western Blotting Support Center
Find tips, troubleshooting help, and resources for your western workflow.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.