Fast Western Blotting Selection Guide
Choose these products for faster Western blotting.
Accelerate your research with our special blotter, transfer buffer and detection kits that are optimized for high-speed Western blotting.
Use these products separately to speed up either transfer or detection steps, or combine all of them to achieve the fastest possible Western blotting procedure. Together, these Thermo Scientifc Pierce Fast Western Blot products enable protein-transfer in 10 minutes and chemiluminescent detection in 55 minutes.
Fast Western Blot Transfer
The Power Blot Cassette and the Power Station combine to make the Pierce™ Power Blotter. The Power Blot Cassette is compatible with self-cast or commonly used precast SDS-PAGE gels, accommodating up to four mini-sized gels or two midi-sized gels. High-efficiency transfer of proteins to PVDF or nitrocellulose membranes is achieved by placing the Power Blot Cassette into the Power Station.
Power Blotter highlights:
- Fast—transfer proteins in 5 to 10 minutes when used with 1-Step Transfer Buffer
- Efficient—achieve high transfer efficiency with a broad range (10–300 kDa) of protein sizes
- Integrated power—seamless operation between control unit and cassette
- Easy-touch programming—access pre-programmed transfer methods
- Convenient—transfer up to 4 mini gels or 2 medium-sized gels at time
Learn more about the Pierce™ Power Blotter and the entire Pierce™ Power System
Western Blotting Handbook and Troubleshooting Guide
The "Thermo Scientific Pierce Western Blotting Handbook and Troubleshooting Guide" (2014) details each step of the Western blotting process with technical information and products for transfer, blocking, washing, antibodies, substrates, film and stripping buffer, including Pierce Fast Western products. You will want to keep this booklet close at hand because it also includes protocols, references and a troubleshooting guide.
The Thermo Scientific Pierce 1-Step Transfer Buffer is designed for rapid semi-dry transfer of 10-300kDa proteins from polyacrylamide gels (SDS-PAGE) to nitrocellulose or PVDF membranes using the Pierce G2 Fast Blotter. The buffer is also compatible with other protein semi-dry transfer devices that are paired with a suitable high-current power supply.
- Fast – high ionic strength formulation provides 5- to 10-minute protein transfer
- Ready to use – supplied as a 1X solution that is stable and ready to use
- Optimized – designed for reliable performance with the Pierce G2 Fast Blotter
- Compatible – effective with other suitably powered semi-dry transfer devices
- Economical – excellent performance without special or costly consumables
Thermo Scientific Pierce Western Blotting Filter Papers make blotting work easier and better. The pre-cut cotton sheets are effective for wet or semi-dry, passive or electrophoretic transfer of proteins from polyacrylamide gels (SDS-PAGE) to PVDF, nitrocellulose, or other membranes.
- Use in Western blots for quickly and efficiently transferring proteins from gel to a membrane
- Precut filter paper packs are a convenient companion for the membranes used in mini-gel sized blotting applications
- Use 1 extra thick filter paper per side of the sandwich instead of 2-3 of the standard kind
Faster Western Blot Blocking, Probing and Detection
Thermo Scientific Pierce Fast Western Blot Kits accelerate the Western blotting process with streamlined protocols and optimized reagents that provide accuracy, sensitivity and reliability. The kits reduce hands-on and overall blotting time to approximately one hour using any of the Thermo Scientific Pierce ECL and SuperSignal Chemiluminescent Substrates.
After transferring proteins to a membrane, traditional Western blotting procedures can take more than 4 hours to complete. Our kits provides all the reagents (except your primary antibody) necessary to complete a Western blot in about 55 minutes. The protocol is easy and requires little or no special optimization. Simply use a mouse or rabbit primary antibody at the same concentration used for typical detection with the Pierce ECL or SuperSignal Substrate. Because it is a reagent-based system, there is no investment in equipment or costly consumables to purchase. Our specially formulated blocking buffers and titered detection antibodies accelerate Western blotting by minimizing incubation times without sacrificing sensitivity.
- Fast – save 3 to 4 hours compared to ordinary chemiluminescent Western blots
- Convenient – no expensive hardware or vacuum required; no clogging issues
- Simple – optimized protocol makes Western blot analysis easier than ever
- Economical – no expensive consumables or extra equipment required
- Stable – kits are stable for 1 year stored at 4°C
- Easy – complete kits contain all components needed to block, probe and develop a blot with your mouse or rabbit primary antibody
|NEW|| Protein Electrophoresis and Western Blotting Support Center
Find tips, troubleshooting help, and resources for your western workflow.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.