Rapid protein gel staining and semi-dry blotting with one device
The Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Power System is a device that can be used for both fast Coomassie dye staining/destaining of protein gels and rapid semi-dry transfer of proteins from gels to membranes. Choose the entire system—power station, stain cassette and blot cassette—to accomplish both rapid staining and blotting. Alternatively, select the Pierce™ Power Stainer or Pierce™ Power Blotter. You can easily expand functionality later by purchasing the appropriate cassette.
Rapid and efficient protein staining or protein transfer at your fingertips
The complete Pierce™ Power System consists of three Thermo Scientific Pierce components:
- Power Station—features an integrated power supply, easy-to-use color LCD touch screen interface, and ready-to-run electrophoretic gel staining and protein transfer programs; also enables custom settings to be quickly created, saved and run
- Power Stain Cassette—facilitates effective Coomassie dye staining (including background destaining) of protein midi or mini gels in just 6–11 minutes when used with the optimized Pierce™ Power Staining Kits
- Power Blot Cassette—enables efficient semi-dry transfer of protein from midi or mini gels to nitrocellulose or PVDF membranes in about 10 minutes when used with the optimized Pierce™ 1-Step Transfer Buffer; also effective for standard 30–60 minute semi-dry transfer protocols using traditional Towbin transfer buffers
Pierce Power System buying guide
Choose the right Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Power System products and accessories for your needs.
Already own a Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ G2 Fast Blotter (Catalog #62288)?
Upgrade now and start rapid staining, too!
Pierce Power System:
One station + two cassettes = powerful possibilities
Rapid protein staining (complete with background destaining) and protein transfer using the Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Power System. The system combines features of the Pierce™ Power Stainer and the Pierce™ Power Blotter into a single time-saving system.
One system for faster results in two protein detection workflows
The Thermo Scientific Pierce Power System helps to accomplish a complete workflow (gel electrophoresis, protein staining and western blot detection) in about 5 hours. A. Serial dilutions of HeLa cell lysate (10 to 0.0625 µg) were loaded in two 4-20% Tris-Glycine gels and separated by electrophoresis (70 minutes). B. One gel was washed and then stained using the Pierce Power Stainer and the Pierce Mini Gel Power Staining Kit (~12 minute protocol). The second gel was transferred to nitrocellulose membrane using Pierce Power Blotter and 1-Step Transfer Buffer (10 minute protocol). C. The blot was washed and stained with Pierce Reversible Protein Stain (18 minute protocol), imaged (~1 minute). The blot was cleared of stain (8 minute protocol), blocked (30 minutes), incubated in HDCA1 polyclonal (60 minutes), washed (30 minute protocol), incubated with goat-anti-rabbit-HRP conjugated secondary antibody (30 minutes) and washed (30 minutes). The blot was developed in Thermo Scientific™ SuperSignal™ West Dura Chemiluminescent Substrate (5 minutes) and D. imaged on myECL Imager (5 minute protocol). Total protocol time: ~5 hr.
Video of the Pierce Power System in action!
Summary of the Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Power System
- Pierce Power Station
- Pierce Power Stain Cassette
- Pierce Power Blot Cassette
- Western Blot Roller
- Power Cord with C/13 Connector
- Coomassie staining and destaining of proteins in SDS-PAGE gels in 6-11 minutes
- Semi-dry Western blot transfer of 10-300 kDa proteins from SDS-PAGE gels to nitrocellulose or PVDF membranes in 5-10 minutes
This special package offers everything you need for rapid Coomassie protein staining or rapid protein transfer. With the Pierce Power System welcome pack, you’ll receive:
- Pierce Power System, Catalog #22830
- Pierce Mini Gel Power Staining Kit, Catalog #22840
- Pierce 1-Step Transfer Buffer, Catalog #84731
- Western Blotting Filter Paper, 7 cm x 8.4 cm, 100 sheets, Catalog #84783
Order the welcome pack