Whether you require high-throughput results or a low-cost, effective means for 2D electrophoresis—or both—the ZOOM IPGRunner System is a great choice.
Analyzing complex protein samples using traditional two-dimensional (2D) electrophoresis methods is tedious and time-consuming. Now you can obtain high-resolution results quickly and easily with the oil-free ZOOM IPGRunner System. The mini-gel format is easy to handle and allows you to focus on the separation range you want. You'll get the separation you need, in a fraction of the time, with much less hassle.
- Separate proteins in as little as 3 hours
- Unique design eliminates messy mineral oil
- Easy-to-handle IPG Strips
- Self-contained cassettes simplify rehydration and focusing
1D/2D Electrophoresis using the ZOOM IPGRunner System
First dimension (IEF)
The ZOOM IPGRunner System is an oil-free platform for focusing of up to 12 samples, in as little as 3 hours.
The 7 cm ZOOM Strips are immobilized pH gradient (IPG) gels available in wide pH range formats (3–10, 4–7, and 6–10) for broader analysis, and in one-unit narrow pH range strips (4.5–5.5, 5.3–6.3, and 6.1–7.1) for expanded protein separation within a specific region of interest.
The ZOOM Carrier Ampholytes are small, soluble molecules with both positive and negative charge groups, that sort at their relative position based upon their isoelectric field, setting up a pH gradient. Carrier ampholytes help to stabilize the pH gradient and current in IPG strips and aid in protein solubility, resulting in more reproducible IEF resolution.
Second dimension (SDS-PAGE)
Following isoelectric focusing, the ZOOM Strips load easily into the NuPAGE and Novex ZOOM® Gels, for 2D separation of proteins by molecular weight.
The separated proteins can then be visualized with any of a number of stains, blotted to membranes, or digested and extracted for identification by mass spectrometry.
ZOOM 2D Protein Solubilizers are ready-to-use detergent chaotrope blends that enhance solubilization of the most difficult proteins, including hydrophobic and membrane proteins, and improve resolution and detection of novel proteins by 2DE. ZOOM 2D Protein Solubilizers are designed to:
- Save time and eliminate preparation errors
- Provide reproducible results
- Retain protein solubility throughout 1D separation
ZOOM Proteomic Grade Reagents
We also offer a comprehensive line of ZOOM proteomic-grade reagents, including urea, thiourea, CHAPS, carrier ampholytes pH 3–10, focusing buffers, anode buffers, and cathode buffers to help ensure optimal conditions for sample preparation.
With the ZOOM IPGRunner System, complete 2D electrophoresis is possible in less than 5 hours from sample to image.
- Boldt, A, Fortunato, D, Conti, A, Petersen, A, Ballmer-Weber, B, Lepp, U, Reese, G, and Becker, W-M “Analysis of the composition of an immunoglobulin E reactive high molecular weight protein complex of peanut extract containing Ara h 1 and Ara h 3/4” Proteomics 2005 Feb;5(3):675-86.
- Gonzalez, S, Prives, C, and Cordon-Cardo, C “p73a Regulation by Chk1 in Response to DNA Damage” Mol. Cell. Biol. 2003 Nov;23(22):8161-71.
- Tetlow, IJ, Wait, R, Lu, Z, Akkasaeng, R, Bowsher, CG, Esposito, S, Kosar-Hashemi, B, Morell, MK, and Emes, MJ “Protein Phosphorylation in Amyloplasts Regulates Starch Branching Enzyme Activity and Protein-Protein Interactions” Plant Cell 2004 Mar;16:694-708.
- Tawde, PD “Allergenic Cross-reactivity between Cashew and Pistachio Nuts” 2004 Masters Thesis, Dept. Biol. Sci. The Florida State University
- Zancai P, Dal Col J, Piccinin S, Guidoboni M, Cariati R, Rizzo S, Boiocchi M, Maestro R, Dolcetti R. “Retinoic acid stabilizes p27(Kip1) in EBV-immortalized lymphoblastoid B cell lines through enhanced proteasome-dependent degradation of the p45(Skp2) and Cks1 proteins” Oncogene. 2005 Feb 14; [Epub ahead of print]
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.