iBright Prestained Protein Ladder
Directly visualize protein bands during electrophoresis and transfer and detect bands via chemiluminescence or fluorescence for easy confirmation of western blot detection using the Invitrogen iBright Prestained Protein Ladder. This ladder contains a total of twelve recombinant proteins spanning a broad molecular weight range (11 to 250 kDa). Ten of these proteins are blue-stained and fluorophore-labeled and enable direct and near-IR fluorescent visualization. Two of the proteins (30 kDa and 80 kDa) are unstained and enable chemiluminescent and fluorescent detection via their IgG binding sites, which capture primary and secondary antibodies used for of the target protein. The iBright Prestained Protein Ladder is compatible with chemiluminescent, chromogenic, and fluorescent detection.
- Direct visualization of molecular weight standard bands on western blots with commonly used immunodetection methods
- Ten blue prestained sharply resolved bands (11–250 kDa) with a reference band of greater intensity at 55 kDa
- Convenient, ready-to-use format, supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels
|No. of bands||12 bands|
|No. of colors||1 color (prestained)|
|MW range (kDa)||11–250 kDa|
|Gel compatibility||All gel types|
|Shelf life||12 months at –20°C|
|Product size||2 x 250 µL|
|No. of rxns||100|
iBright Prestained Protein Ladder migration pattern. Prestained gel in visible light (left), western blot detected using chemiluminescent substrate and imager (center), and western blot detected by near-IR fluorescence.
MagicMark XP Western Protein Standard
The Invitrogen MagicMark XP Western Protein Standard is specifically designed for easy and convenient protein molecular weight estimation directly on western blots. The standard consists of 9 recombinant proteins, each of which contains an IgG binding site. The IgG binding site binds the primary or secondary antibody used for detection of the target protein, allowing direct visualization of the standard on the western blot. The MagicMark XP standard is compatible with chemiluminescent, chromogenic, and fluorescent western kits and substrates.
- Direct visualization of MW standard bands on western blots with the commonly used immunodetection methods
- Nine sharp clear bands in even increments from 20–220 kDa
- Convenient, ready-to-use format; no mixing, reducing, or heating
|No. of bands||9 bands|
|No. of colors||1 color|
|MW range (kDa)||20–220 kDa|
|Gel compatibility||Bis-Tris, Tris-Glycine, Tris-Acetate, Tricine|
|Shelf life||8 months at –20°C|
|Product size||250 µL, 50 µL|
|No. of rxns||50, 10|
MagicMark XP Western Protein Standard migration pattern.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.