Ion AmpliSeq targeted technology delivers a unique, highly muliplexed, PCR-based workflow with clear specificity and uniformity benefits from as little as 1 ng of DNA or RNA
Ion AmpliSeq panels enable you to:
- Sequence low quality samples with as little as 1 ng input DNA or RNA
- Target one to hundreds of genes in a single run
- Select from pre-designed panels, configure a panel from pre-tested genes, or customize for any genome using Ion AmpliSeq Designer
- Go from sample to results in as little as 24 hours with just 45 minutes of hands-on-time using Ion Chef and Ion S5 Systems
Gene panels on demand, how and when you want them
Ion AmpliSeq On-Demand panels bring smaller pack sizes and an optimized catalog of pre-tested genes to custom NGS panels, so you can iterate panel design for human disease research with efficiency and convenience.
Using Ion AmpliSeq Designer, you can:
- Create custom panel designs
- Modify your own or our pre-designed Ion AmpliSeq panels
- Access pre-designed and customizable panel content
- Find in-depth descriptions including gene lists and relevant publications
Since its launch in 2011, Ion AmpliSeq targeted sequencing technology has seen broad global adoption and resulted in the publication of over 700 peer reviewed publications across a broad range of applications. Applications span such studies as investigating phenovariance in mice1, assessing gene copy number alterations2, and defining genetic changes associated with lung cancer3 research.
Researchers are not only using Ion AmpliSeq technology for samples where available sample quantity and quality are not limiting, such as cell culture or fresh-frozen tissues, but also seeing tremendous success with challenging sample types, such as formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue, archived samples from fine needle aspirates , and circulating cell-free DNA (cfDNA) extracted from blood.
- Wang et al. (2015) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 112: E440-E449.
- Grasso et al. (2014) J. Mol. Diagn. 17: 53-63.
- de Bruin et al. (2014) Science 346: 251-256.
- Christopher Corless, MD, PhD,
“We’ve created four custom Ion AmpliSeq panels, and all of them are performing extremely well on FFPE-derived DNA.”
Formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tumor tissue samples are challenging to work with. Dr. Nicole Pfarr discusses her experience with Ion AmpliSeq Panels on the Ion PGM™ System.
- Dr. Ian Cree,
“The idea is to use Ion AmpliSeq RNA panels to detect changes in RNA settings, like gene fusion, and use DNA panels to detect genomic variations, SNPs, indels, and copy number variants.”
Professor of Pathology,
Whether you’re interested in just a few targets or hundreds of targets, Ion AmpliSeq technology is flexible enough to suit your needs—use it with any genome across many research applications, from inherited disease to infectious diseases to oncology.
Many researchers have the perception that next-generation sequencing systems are complex, benefit from adept hands that require extensive training to develop and produce untenable quantities of data. With the Ion S5 Systems, Ion Chef System and Ion AmpliSeq technology that could not be further from the truth.
‘S’ now also stands for simplified instrument set-up, straight forward, automated library construction and swift data analysis.
Use of Ion AmpliSeq Designer is free. Simply sign in using the same username and password you use to sign into thermofisher.com or create a new login.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.