Try the Thermo Scientific SPECTRONIC 200 Spectrophotometer for yourself and see how its modern design can work in your teaching lab. Request an instrument to begin your 7-day trial, and we will ship it to you at no charge and no obligation! This spectrophotometer is so easy to use that all you have to do is plug it in and turn it on. A user guide is included in the package, and technical support is just a phone call away if you need help during your free trial.
Designed for your educational needs, it's the perfect system for students learning about:
- Color of solutions and absorption of light
- Colorimetric analysis for concentration determination via Beer’s Law in introductory chemistry
- Kinetics in AP, IB, and college chemistry
- Colorimetric analysis for NADH or proteins in biology and biochemistry
The SPECTRONIC 200 also offers twice the usual sensitivity to scattering for bacterial growth analysis, and the option to enter a factor to convert its native OD600 value to match your current spectrophotometer.
Designed for your classroom, the SPECTRONIC 200 features include:
- Modern navigation and controls to reduce the learning curve
- Large, adjustable color LCD display to simplify operation
- Durable construction and spill-resistant design to withstand student use
- Full spectrum scans and 4-point quantitative analysis to expand teaching topics
- Instrument emulation mode to offer seamless integration into existing chemistry protocols
See how easily students can operate the SPECTRONIC 200 spectrophotometer.
Jumpstart your free trial with these lesson plans:
How the program works
Try the SPECTRONIC 200 visible spectrophotometer for one week, then box it up and return it to us using the pre-paid freight label.
There’s no cost to you! Complete the request form by clicking the button above to tell us where we should ship the instrument. An instrument specialist will contact you shortly to finalize the arrangements.
Trial program units are available for a 1-week trial, according to the following terms and conditions:
- This program is limited to the contiguous US and Canada.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific will pay all shipping costs.
- The trial period will be one week beginning with the receipt of the instrument.
- The user will supply and confirm that all needed reagents are on hand before an instrument will be shipped.
- The trial program instrument will be used to test non-radioactive samples only.
- After the trial period, the user will decontaminate and ship the instrument back to Thermo Fisher Scientific. Shipping instructions are supplied.