Offering assistance with cancer research grants and funding
Fighting cancer is more than your research alone—it’s your passion to advance science in the pursuit of better health outcomes.Every factor in the service of this struggle is valuable, from sample to technology, data, and budget.
Because the obstacles are great and challenges many, we must partner together to become more efficient, move faster, and evolve more quickly than this tenacious disease. We at Thermo Fisher Scientific propose a bold, new path forward to empower your next discovery.
We are pleased to announce the launch of our Cancer Research Grant
This grant will feature three research area products or bundles, and to apply you will need to submit a short grant application to gain access to these tools for your institute. You can apply to only one of the research area bundles*. We will be accepting applications for the product grant packages below from July 1, 2022 to October 31, 2022.
Applications for 2022 Cancer Research Grants are now closed. Sign up for early notification of the 2023 Cancer Research Grants. Be the first one to apply!
Apply for access to these research focus bundles
Focus 1: Cell Imaging
Focus 2: Sample isolation
Focus 3: PCR
Winners of past Cancer Research grants
Each quarter, we award scientists with our Cancer Research grants. The products included in these grants will help enable their pursuits to better understand and treat cancer. To learn more about the winners and how our grants will impact their research, please visit our Cancer Research grant winners page.
*No purchase necessary to enter or receive the grant. To participate in the Thermo Fisher Scientific Cancer Research Grant Program (the “Program”), you must submit your Grant Application (the “Application”) at https://www.thermofisher.com/global/en/home/products-and-services/promotions/life-science/cancer-research-foundation.html no later than October 31, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. GMT. The Program is open only to academic researchers in the field of cancer research located in an eligible jurisdiction whose representative is 18 years of age or older and who has submitted a completed Application. Void in Belgium, Finland, Italy, Sweden, Iran, Syria, Cuba, North Korea, North Sudan, China, Hong Kong, India, South America, Central America, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and the Canadian province of Quebec. The person submitting the Application (the “Applicant”) is entering on behalf of their employer, which will be the recipient of the grant (the “Grant Recipient”). Void where this promotion or acceptance of a grant is prohibited or restricted by law or subject to registration or other procedures with which Sponsor may not have undertaken. Healthcare Professionals (term defined in the Official Rules) may not participate in this promotion. Government Officials (term defined in the Official Rules) located outside of North America may not participate in this promotion. US federal and state government employees may not participate in this promotion. All Applications must be submitted in the English language. One entry per person. Other eligibility restrictions apply. Sponsor will select three Grant Recipients from all qualifying entries.
A panel consisting of five judges with backgrounds in Research & Development and other technical functions will select three winners based upon the following criteria:
- 40% Need for the product(s) and the problems it will solve relating to cancer research
- 40% innovative use of the product(s)
- 20% impact of the product(s) for the larger team the Applicant works within
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel this Program if a minimum of 10 qualified submissions are not received by the Sponsor by the submission deadline.
There are three grant award packages available, as set forth below.
- EVOS M5000 Imaging System, 1 instrument (approximate value $25,790.00)
- EVOS Light Cube, GFP 2.0, 1 unit (approximate value $3,515.00)
- EVOS Light Cube, DAPI 2.0, 1 unit (approximate value $3,515.00)
- EVOS Light Cube, Cy5 2.0, 1 unit (approximate value $3,960.00)
- NucBlue Live ReadyProbes Reagent Hoechst 33342, 1 kit (approximate value $141.00)
- CellEvent Caspase-3/7 Green ReadyProbes Reagent, 1 kit (approximate value $268.00)
- CellTracker Deep Red Dye, 20 x 15 µg (approximate value $451.00)
Sample isolation package
- KingFisher Duo Prime Purification System, 1 unit (approximate value $28,000.00)
- MagMAX Cell-Free Total Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit, 1 kit (approximate value $830.00)
- MagMAX Cell-Free DNA Isolation Kit, 1 kit (approximate value $658.00)
- Automated Thermal Cycler (ATC) + Plastics Package, 384-well, EnduraPlates, 1 package (approximate value $13,920.00)
- Thermal Cycler Fleet Control Software, 1 unit (approximate value $1,738.00)
- SuperScript IV VILO Master Mix, 50 units (approximate value $672.00)
- Platinum SuperFi II DNA Polymerase, 100 reactions (approximate value $223.00)
One Grant Recipient will receive the Cell Imaging package, one Grant Recipient will receive the Sample isolation package, and one Grant Recipient will receive the PCR package.
The award will be shipped to the Grant Recipient free of charge within approximately 4-6 weeks and will be covered by a standard warranty. If shipment across a country’s border requires an import permit, it will be the Grant Recipient’s responsibility to obtain the required permit.
The winners will be notified on approximately December 1, 2022. The Applicant and/or the Applicant’s institution must certify that they are not prohibited by employment, contract, law, or applicable professional code of conduct from entering or accepting a grant from the Sponsor. The complete Official Rules are available here. In case of any inconsistency between these short rules and the complete Official Rules, the complete Official Rules will always prevail.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.