The vertX Bioprocess Conference is an invitation only forum for leaders of small- to mid-size biopharma and biotech companies to share their knowledge, experiences, and challenges. This unique event is not only an opportunity to attend talks but to engage in stimulating dialogue about issues that are vital to your company’s success. The think-tank environment is designed to help expedite your path to commercialization by enabling highly productive collaboration with industry partners.
What you can expect
- Advance your understanding of the regulatory challenges facing companies developing and commercializing biopharma products.
- Discover the right technologies and techniques required to scale up production, accelerate speed to market, and develop highly innovative therapies.
- Gain insights that can inform critical decisions like whether to insource or outsource manufacturing.
- Learn from industry experts and speakers from large companies about how they have addressed commercialization challenges.
- Join the industry leaders who are shaping the next generation of advances in therapies that will change the way we view medicine and healthcare.
By attending the vertX Bioprocess Conference you will:
- Meet industry leaders and subject matter experts, who will address both current and future topics in biomanufacturing and discuss industry challenges.
- Make connections with individuals in your industry to share learnings, discuss strategy ideation and development, and engage in highly productive discussions.
- Engage with our leaders to talk about your needs and share input with the influencers who can make things happen.
Who should attend
Leaders and innovators working on novel therapeutics in cell and gene therapy, or with MAbs, recombinant proteins, or vaccine therapies in pre-clinical and clinical trials. As part of an exclusive group of invitees to vertX 2019, you will have the unique opportunity to engage with other decision makers currently involved in the biologics development process as well as subject matter experts and key opinion leaders from large pharma and biotech companies.
|Thursday, September 26, 2019|
|07:30 AM||Registration / Breakfast|
|08:10 AM||Welcome Remarks|
|8:30 AM||Keynote: Winning the battle against cancer using Universal CAR-T|
|9:15 AM||Bringing ideas to reality|
|9:30 AM||A lookback on the evolution of biologics, cell and gene therapy|
|10:00 AM||Morning Break|
|10:20 AM||How to reduce costs to ensure improved access for cell & gene therapies|
|10:50 AM||Lessons learned from cell & gene therapy|
|11:20 AM||Lessons learned from biologics development|
|11:50 AM||Panel discussion: Leveraging lessons across therapeutic areas to shorten the time to market, reduce costs and improve access|
|1:00 PM||Outsourcing strategies of early-stage CMC development for speed to IND|
|01:30 PM||Data management for biologics from R&D to commercialization|
|02:00 PM||Digitalization and automation in biomanufacturing|
|02:30 PM||Challenges and Opportunities for Clinically Relevant Specification Setting|
|03:00 PM||Panel discussion: Outsourcing, digitalization and automation in biologics, cell & gene therapy|
|3:25 PM||Afternoon Break|
|3:45 PM||Getting approval for rapid microbiological QA/QC|
|4:15 PM||Best practices for specification setting|
|4:45 PM||Regulatory & CMC considerations for cell & gene therapy|
|5:15 PM||Panel: Can we build platform therapies that minimize regulatory reviews?|
|5:30 PM||Closing remarks|
|5:40 PM||Cocktail Reception|
|7:15 PM||Event Close|
vertX 2019 will take place at the Robert Paine Scripps Forum for Science, Society and the Environment in La Jolla, California. Known as the Scripps Seaside Forum.
From San Diego: Take Interstate 5 to W La Jolla Parkway which turns into Torrey Pines Rd. Turn right onto La Jolla Shores Drive.
From Los Angeles: Take Interstate 5 to La Jolla Village Drive west. Turn Left onto Expedition Way, left onto Downwind Way, and then left onto La Jolla Shores Drive.
From La Jolla Shores Drive: Turn west onto Naga Way and enter the campus of Scripps Institute of Oceanography. Turn Right onto Discovery Way, and then left onto Kennel Way. Scripps Seaside Forum, 8622 Kennel Way, La Jolla, CA 92037
A limited number of rooms have been reserved at the Estancia La Jolla. If you are planning to stay, please make your reservation early as rooms may sell out.
Estancia La Jolla
Address: 9700 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037
Phone: (855) 430-7503
To book your stay at a discounted rate, please use the following link.
Estancia Hotel Booking
Parking at the Scripps Seaside Forum is limited, and therefore not recommended. Shuttle service to the venue has been arranged for your convenience.
If you are driving in, please plan to park at the Estancia La Jolla, located at 9700 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037.
Shuttle service details
Shuttles will depart from the hotel at 7:15am. If you miss the event shuttle, please note that the hotel provides a courtesy shuttle that will be available to transport attendees to the event.
Note: While Thermo Fisher Scientific does not charge a fee to attend the 2019 vertX Bioprocess Conference, the cost of travel, accommodations and expenses are the sole responsibility of attendees.