Proactively resolve instrument problems to increase uptime
Planned maintenance (PM) service is critical to the life and utility of your Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, and Ion Torrent instruments. Undiscovered issues can lead to not just unplanned repair costs, but unnecessary downtime and decreased performance.
As the instrument manufacturer, we recommend a scheduled PM visit at least once per year to help keep your instrument running in peak condition and available when you need it.
Because PM service is critical to the life and utility of your instrument, scheduled maintenance visits are included in most of our onsite service plans, and available as add-on to most of our offsite plans. If you require additional PM visits, these can be added on to your existing service plan or purchased ad-hoc to best meet your needs. Explore our plans ›
During a PM service visit, the field service engineer will perform the following:
- Inspection of the system
- Software update if required
- Cleaning, lubricating, and alignment of relevant mechanical parts
- Cleaning and alignment of optical systems
- Functional tests and performance verification
- Documentation of maintenance tasks, results, and findings
- DNA/RNA purification
- Flow cytometers
- Imaging & microscopy
- In vitro diagnostic (IVD)
- Laser capture microdissection
- Protein electrophoresis & western blotting
- Rapid DNA
- Real-time PCR (qPCR)
- Capillary electrophoresis
- Next-generation sequencing (NGS)
- Microplate washers & readers
PM services for analytical instruments and laboratory equipment, please click here.
Planned Maintenance is available for our Research Use Only (RUO) labeled instruments, and our diagnostic (IVD) labeled instruments.