Life Technologies Limited Product Warranty
Warranty details differ for each platform and instrument. Detailed warranty information is available here for all platforms and instruments serviced.
All warranty services include spare parts, repair time, and if necessary, travel of Field Service Engineers (FSEs). Certain restrictions apply. Please note that Life Technologies has not authorized any third-party service provider to perform maintenance or repair on Applied Biosystems™, Invitrogen™, or Ion Torrent™ instruments in the United States and Canada.
In addition, Life Technologies is recognized as “best in class” worldwide for overall repair time, quality of repair service, and FSE technical competency.
Additional Life Technologies warranty benefits:
- Life Technologies™ FSEs go through a multi-step process in order to obtain certification to work on Applied Biosystems™, Invitrogen™, and Ion Torrent™ instrumentation and software. This certification is renewed every two years to ensure that service engineers maintain their standard of excellence.
- Only Life Technologies™ FSEs have full and exclusive access to the latest Applied Biosystems™, Invitrogen™, and Ion Torrent™ technical developments, repair procedures, software application updates, and planned maintenance procedures.
- Only replacement parts guaranteed to be certified to manufacturers’ specifications are used in repairs.
- Contract and warranty customers have access to the Life Technologies™ global Technical Assistance Center (TAC). The TAC is staffed by senior service engineers who provide the highest level of expertise for troubleshooting Applied Biosystems™, Invitrogen™, and Ion Torrent™ instruments, which helps to speed call resolution and assists customers in maximizing productivity.
- Rapid service response, with a guaranteed response available in most regions under certain service plans.