Your reagents may have been mishandled or may be expired
The use of mishandled or expired reagents may result in:
- Some or all samples clustering with the NTCs
- Trailing clusters
- Weak overall reaction (weak signals)
Perform the assay again with newly prepared reagents. Follow the guidelines below for reagent storage and handling.
- Store TaqMan® SNP Genotyping Assays at –15°C to –25 °C when not in use.
- Minimize freeze-thaw cycles to no more than ten cycles. Too many freeze thaw cycles can cause cleavage of the dye from the probe.
- Limit the assay exposure to light. The fluorescent dyes are susceptible to photo bleaching. Photo bleaching can result in a lower overall signal for the reaction.
TaqMan® Genotyping and Universal PCR Master Mix Considerations
- Store TaqMan® PCR Master Mix at 2–8 °C.
- Prior to use, make sure the Master Mix is thoroughly mixed.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.