3500 Series Genetic Analyzer
3500 Series Genetic Analyzers:
the gold standard for human identification
The Applied Biosystems™ 3500 Series instruments were the first genetic analyzers designed with a specific feature set and workflow for human identification (HID) applications. The complete system combines the instrument with Applied Biosystems™ reagents, consumables, and software, as well as industry-leading support—providing an integrated HID solution that significantly improves ease of use and application efficiency.
GlobalFiler PCR amplification kits*
Around the world, forensic labs are being asked to do more with less. That’s why the Applied Biosystems™ GlobalFiler™ and GlobalFiler™ Express PCR Amplification Kits combine reduced amplification time with exceptional data recovery power.
Learn more ›
YFiler Plus PCR Amplification Kit*
The Applied Biosystems™ Yfiler™ Plus PCR Amplification Kit is designed for forensic laboratories that process highly challenging Y-STR casework and database samples. The Yfiler Plus kit helps improve resolution of trace evidence and sexual assault mixtures that contain small quantities of male DNA in a large background of female DNA.
Learn more ›
DNA data interpretation
The Applied Biosystems™ GeneMapper™ ID-X platform is recognized as the industry standard for forensic data analysis, and is a National DNA Index System (NDIS)–approved expert system. This software helps save time and increase workflow efficiency in a forensic laboratory.
Learn more ›
Answers integrated for you
Designed to centralize all data management operations such as analysis, reporting, and storage, Applied Biosystems™ Converge™ software offers an all-inclusive, validated platform that elevates data processing efficiency. It’s also highly customizable to meet your lab’s needs, providing you with answers—integrated.
Learn more ›
* GlobalFiler and YFiler Plus PCR amplification kits are for Research, Forensic, or Paternity Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
We have enhanced our gold-standard 3500 Series instruments and GeneMapper ID-X software solutions in response to customers' need to decrease data analysis time, increase confidence in their results, allow for a more efficient processing workflow, and comply with ever-changing IT requirements. Combined with our STR kits, the improved 3500 data collection software v4.0 and GeneMapper ID-X Software v1.6 offer an efficient workflow.
- Improved data interpretation—Reduced pull-up edits, improved first-pass success rate for database labs, more efficient data transfer to probabilistic genotyping
- Enhanced user experience—flexible plate loading, streamlined workflow, support languages, 6-dye installation standard
- IT support and compliance—Windows 10 support, CODIS compatibility, internationalization
- The innovative “snap-in-and-go” consumable design uses radio frequency identification (RFID) technology to track and record key consumables data.
- The HID-specific workflow preconfigured for Applied Biosystems™ STR kits simplifies run setup and software navigation.
- Powerful, integrated data collection and QC analysis software provides real-time assessment of data quality and streamlined STR analyses, allowing for more efficient management of re-injections.
- An advanced long-life solid-state laser reduces the physical footprint of the system, eliminating the need for heat-ducting and requiring only a standard-voltage plug.
More than 3,700 global sales, service, and technical support specialists are available to assist you in person, by phone, or online. Our Human Identification Professional Services (HPS) team that can help you successfully navigate the validation process required to bring new technologies into your lab.
For Research, Forensic or Paternity/Kinship Use Only. When used for purposes other than Human Identification, the instruments and software modules cited are for Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.