Thermo Scientific Triton X-114 Surfact-Amps Detergent Solution is a stabilized 10% (w/v) solution of highly-purified Triton™ X-114 detergent, supplied in glass ampules and packaged under nitrogen inert gas, ensuring their stability and eliminating the accumulation of peroxides and degradation products.
Features of Triton X-114 Surfact-Amps Detergent Solution:
• Triton X-114
—a nonionic detergent for use in various routine protein and molecular biology techniques
—precise 10% detergent solution in ultrapure water
—solution is simple to dispense and dilute for use
• Exceptionally pure
—less than 1.0µeq/mL peroxides and carbonyls
— packaged in glass ampules under inert nitrogen gasSpecifications for Triton X-114 Surfact-Amps Detergent Solution:
• Visual: Slightly hazy to cloudy, colorless solution, free of particulates; may form layers.
• Concentration: 10.0±1.0%
• Oxidants: ≤1.0µeq/mL
• Carbonyls: ≤1.0µeq/mL
• Suspended Solids: Residue present must not exceed Residue Reference.Properties of Triton X-114:
• Molecular Weight: 537g
• Detergent Class: Nonionic polyoxyethylene surfactant
• Aggregation Number: unknown
• Micelle Molecular Weight: unknown
• Critical Micelle Concentration (CMC): 0.21 mM (0.0113%, w/v)
• Cloud Point: 23°C
• Dialyzable: No
Triton X-114 is most frequently used as a component of cell lysis buffers. In certain conditions, this detergent phase-separates in aqueous solutions, a property that has been used to separate hydrophilic and hydrophobic (membrane) proteins.
For added safety when opening glass ampules, consider using our Ampule Breakers
, which are disposable safety devices that protect the fingers when breaking open a glass ampule.Related ProductsSurfact-Amps™ Detergent Sampler
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.