The PrepFiler Automated Forensic DNA Extraction Kit uses magnetic particles with an optimized multi-component surface chemistry to deliver superior DNA yield from most forensic sample types, including body fluids, and stains and swabs of body fluids. Whether it’s an automated or manual application, this kit is designed to help improve the overall yield and concentration of DNA recovered from both routine and challenging samples, while enabling removal of PCR inhibitors. This means greater quantities of highly purified DNA for improved downstream genotyping results. This kit is intended for automated workflows. For manual workflows using 1.5 mL tubes, please see the PrepFiler Forensic DNA Extraction Kit
• Designed to improve the overall yield, concentration, and purity of DNA isolated from both routine and challenging forensic samples
• Contains specially developed magnetic particles and reagents that optimize DNA binding and elution of DNA in a small volume
• Offers streamlined protocols to process an extensive variety of forensic samples
• Part of an integrated solution including novel reagents, consumables, and automated options to provide reliable, simplified, and time-saving DNA purification
• Improves downstream genotyping (STR analysis) success rate, to help ensure that critical and often limited casework samples can be successfully analyzedImproved Packaging and Configuration
Several packaging and configuration improvements have been implemented for the updated PrepFiler kits:
• An additional wash buffer, PrepFiler Wash Buffer B, has now been incorporated into the kits to minimize the potential for detergent carryover from PrepFiler Wash Buffer A, which can inhibit downstream PCR applications when the maximum volume of DNA extract is used for subsequent PCR amplification.
• The kit packaging has been updated to include all reagents, including magnetic particles, in the same kit box, with a single expiration date.
• Shipping will occur at ambient temperature, and the kits can also be stored upon receipt at ambient temperature.
• In this kit configuration, plastic consumables (96-well processing plates and spin/filter plates) are not included. For the kit with plastics, see Cat. No. 4473856.