Thermo Scientific Biodyne A Nylon Membranes are sheets of unmodified nylon that provide excellent binding characteristics for nucleic acid transfer, blotting and detection methods.
Features of Biodyne A Nylon Membranes:
• Versatile and durable
—achieve strong DNA binding by baking or UV-crosslinking without damaging the membrane
• Easy to use
—pre-cut 8 x 12 cm sheets are the ideal size for standard mini-gel transfers and microplate dot-blots
• High signal-to-noise ratio
—lower background than nitrocellulose and most other nylon transfer membranes
Biodyne A Nylon Membrane is manufactured with a matrix pore size of 0.4 micron, and is supplied in packages of 8 x 12 cm sheets. It contains both negatively and positively charged groups, enabling it to bind many kinds of macromolecules. The membrane is resistant to heat and solvents and will not shrink, crack or tear.Properties of Biodyne A Nylon Membrane:
• Composition: unmodified Nylon 66
• Surface: 50% amine and 50% carboxyl groups, pI 6.5
• Properties: provides excellent resolution, high sensitivity and extremely low backgroundMore Product Data
• Transfer EMSA gels using the Pierce G2 Fast BlotterRelated ProductsBiodyne™ B Nylon Membrane, 0.45 μm, 8 cm x 12 cm
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.