Thermo Scientific Biodyne B Nylon Membranes are sheets of positively charged nylon that provide excellent binding characteristics for nucleic acid transfer, blotting and detection methods.
Features of Biodyne B Nylon Membranes:
• Versatile and durable
—achieve strong DNA binding by baking or UV-crosslinking without damaging the membrane
• Easy to use
—pre-cut 8 x 12 cm sheets are the ideal size for standard mini-gel transfers and microplate dot-blots
• High signal-to-noise ratio
—lower background than nitrocellulose and most other nylon transfer membranes
Biodyne B Nylon Membrane is manufactured with a matrix pore size of 0.4 micron, and is supplied in packages of 8 x 12 cm sheets. Biodyne B Membrane contains exclusively positive charges, providing the highest possible binding capacity for negatively charged molecules like DNA and RNA. The membrane is resistant to heat and solvents and will not shrink, crack or tear.Properties of Biodyne B Nylon Membrane:
• Composition: positively charged Nylon 66
• Surface: strong cationic quaternary ammonium groups provide positive zeta potential, even to pH 10
• Properties: excellent for DNA, RNA and other negatively charged molecules
• Applications: Southern blotting, Northern blotting, DNA and RNA methods, including gel shift assays with Thermo Scientific LightShift Chemiluminescent EMSA KitsMore Product Data
• Transfer EMSA gels using the Pierce G2 Fast BlotterRelated ProductsBiodyne™ A Nylon Membrane, 0.45 µm, 8 cm x 12 cm
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.