CD FortiCHO™ medium is specifically designed to offer the highest batch and fed-batch culture performance and yield with recombinant CHO cells in a chemically defined environment. The protein-free, animal origin component-free formulation provides consistency and helps reduce the need to screen for adventitious agents. With CD FortiCHO™ medium cell cultures last 2+ days longer than competitive alternatives, which means decreased HCP (Host Cell Protein) concentration for removal in downstream purification.
CD FortiCHO™ medium is fortified to support maximal recombinant CHO cell growth and protein expression in suspension batch culture, offering 120% greater growth and production than select competitive media with simple glucose supplementation. CD FortiCHO™ medium can provide up to 75% greater fed-batch growth and production over glucose-only fed-batch culture for selected cell lines and applications when used with CD EfficientFeed™ C nutrient supplement
. When to Use CD FortiCHO™ Medium
• The cell line you are using is a transfected CHO K1, GS CHO or CHO-S™ cell line
• Maximum batch culture cell densities and protein titers are needed
• You have time to adapt cells into a new medium in an effort to maximize titers
• Cell health at harvest is a priority for downstream processing When to Consider Another Gibco® Medium
Consider CD OptiCHO™ medium
• You are using a transfected CHO cell line other than CHO K1, GS CHO or CHO-S™ cell lines
• Optimization of feeding strategies will be part of your base medium selection testing in an effort to maximize productivity
• Your CHO cell line is “finicky," i.e. hard to grow or adapt
Consider CD CHO medium
• Your GS CHO cells are recommended to be grown in CD CHO medium
• Your cells have been successfully cultured in CD CHO medium in the past and your process is nearing a regulatory filing (DMF available)
Consider CD DG44
• You use parental DG44 or DXB11 CHO cells (dhfr-) Dry Media FormulationsDynamis AGT Medium
is the comparable dry format for scale up.Design Your Own Media Specific to Your Needs
Whether it’s a bench-level experiment or large scale biomanufacturing process, we offer specialized formats, packaging, and quality levels specific to your needs. With Gibco® cGMP Media Custom Services
you can put the manufacturing power and years of technical experience of our R&D and Bioproduction Application Specialists to work for you.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.