BenchMark Fluorescent Protein Standard consists of a wide molecular weight range of proteins (∼11–155 kDa) conjugated to the fluorescent dye Alexa Fluor 488, allowing direct visualization using fluorescence. The proteins can be resolved into sharp bands by SDS-PAGE and visualized using a UV transilluminator, CCD camera with appropriate filters, or laser scanner systems.Compare and view all other protein standards and ladders ›Product features
• Visualization: fluorescence at 488 nm channel, maximum excitation at 493 nm and maximum emission at 516 nm
• Ready-to-use format: The protein standard is supplied in a ready-to-use format for direct loading onto gels; no need to heat, reduce, or add sample buffer prior to useApplications
• Monitoring protein migration during SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis
• Monitoring protein transfer onto membranes after western blotting
• Sizing of proteins on fluorescent SDS-polyacrylamide gels and western blots
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.