The Bolt Mini Bis-Tris Welcome Pack for Protein Expression is designed for use with any protein expression application or expression system, such as our transient protein expression platforms. It provides all necessary Bolt Bis-Tris Plus gels, buffers, stains and reagents needed to begin using the Mini Gel Tank for your protein separation and visualization needs. Key features include:
• Rapid time to results—Bolt Bis-Tris Plus mini WedgeWell gels afford a 20-minute run time and can be stored at room temperature for up to 16 months
• Quick 12-minute staining protocol using the SimplyBlue SafeStain for target protein visualization
• Convenience—easy side-by-side sample loading with the Mini Gel Tank The Bolt Mini Bis-Tris Welcome Pack for Protein Expression contains:
• Mini Gel Tank
• Bolt 4-12% Bis-Tris Plus gels, 12-well (2 boxes)
• Bolt MES Running Buffer (20X)
• Bolt LDS Sample Buffer (4X)
• Bolt Sample Reducing Agent (10X)
• PageRuler Plus Prestained Protein Ladder, 10 to 250 kDa
• SimplyBlue SafeStain About the Mini Gel Tank
The Mini Gel Tank is compatible with Novex, NuPAGE, Bolt Bis-Tris Plus, and SureCast pour-your-own gels. Each Mini Gel Tank can accommodate up to two gels per run. The unique tank design enables convenient side-by-side gel loading and enhanced viewing during use. Optimized conditions using constant voltage enable Bolt Bis-Tris Plus gels to be run in approximately 20 minutes with MES running buffer. Run times may vary depending on buffer conditions and power supplies used. About Bolt 4-12% Bis-Tris Plus Gels
Bolt Bis-Tris Plus gels are precast polyacrylamide gels designed for fast separation of a broad-range protein molecular weights under denaturing conditions. Bolt Bis-Tris Plus gels are designed to deliver consistent gel performance and provide a neutral pH environment that minimizes protein modifications. Bolt Bis-Tris gels feature wedge-shaped wells, which offers easier sample loading and up to two times more sample volume than standard wells allowing for detection of proteins in very dilute samples or visualization of low-abundance proteins. The Bolt 4–12% Bis-Tris Plus gel has a 4–12% gradient polyacrylamide matrix that will separate a broad range of protein molecular weights from 2.5 to 260 kDa using the supplied MES buffer. About SimplyBlue SafeStain
SimplyBlue Safe Stain is a ready-to-use, fast, sensitive, and safe Coomassie G-250 stain for visualizing protein bands on polyacrylamide gels. The SimplyBlue SafeStain protocol is easy to perform and can be completed in just 12 minutes using a simple microwave procedure. Destaining is not required but may be performed with deionized water to achieve maximum sensitivity. This stain is completely non-hazardous and does not require methanol or acetic acid fixatives or destains creating a healthier lab environment.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.