CellEvent™ Caspase-3/7 Green ReadyProbes™ Reagent is a fluorogenic, no-wash indicator of activated caspase-3/7 for live- and fixed-cell applications. Activation of caspase-3 is an early indicator of apoptosis and CellEvent™ Caspase-3/7 Green reagent allows rapid and sensitive detection of cells destined for cell death.
• Simple and fast no-wash protocol helps preserve delicate apoptotic cells
• Compatible with both live-cell fluorescence imaging and formaldehyde-based fixation methods
• Ready-to-use liquid formulation in convenient dropper bottle—no need to dilute, weigh, or pipette
• Stability at room temperature—keep handy at your scope or cell culture area.See other ReadyProbes™ reagents for cell stainingLearn more about other assays for apoptosisCell imaging applications
CellEvent™ Caspase-3/7 Green reagent is a four amino acid peptide (DEVD) conjugated to a nucleic acid-binding dye that is non-fluorescent when not bound to DNA. The CellEvent™ Caspase-3/7 Green reagent is intrinsically non-fluorescent, as the DEVD peptide inhibits binding of the dye to DNA. Upon activation of caspase-3/7 in apoptotic cells, the DEVD peptide is cleaved and the free dye can bind DNA, generating a bright green fluorescence. The fluorescence emission of the dye when bound to DNA is 530 nm and can be observed using a standard FITC filter set.Suggestions for use
• In most cases, 2 drops/ml and an incubation time of 30 minutes is sufficient for bright nuclear staining of apoptotic cells; however, optimization may be needed for some cell types, conditions, and applications. In such cases, simply add more or fewer drops until the optimal staining intensity is obtained.
• If desired, combine CellEvent™ Caspase-3/7 Green ReadyProbes™ reagent with a red or far-red nuclear stain for a total cell count
• CellEvent™ Caspase-3/7 Green dye is excited with a maximum at 502 nm and has an emission maximum at 530 nm. It is detected through standard GFP and FITC filters.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.