ActinRed 555 ReadyProbes Reagent is a selective, high-affinity F-actin probe (phalloidin) conjugated to the red-orange fluorescent dye tetramethylrhodamine (TRITC). ActinRed 555 reagent is formulated as a room temperature-stable solution of Rhodamine Phalloidin (Cat. No. R415) and comes in a convenient dropper bottle. Just tip and drip two drops per ml to stain your cells.
Also available: Rhodamine Phalloidin
at 12.5X concentration (65 U/mL) in PBS with BSA and trace amounts of methanol and sodium azide.
• High-affinity staining of F-actin with superior specificity compared to antibody methods
• Outstanding fluorescence performance (Ex/Em: 540/565 nm)
• Ready-to-use liquid formulation in convenient dropper bottle—no need to dilute, weigh, or pipette
• Stability at room temperature—keep handy at your scope or cell culture area.See other ReadyProbes reagents for cell stainingLearn more about other stains for actinCell imaging applications
Phalloidin is a bi-cyclic peptide, commonly used in imaging applications to selectively label F-actin. Fluorescently-labeled phalloidin has several advantages over antibodies for actin labeling, including virtually identical binding properties with actin from different species of plants and animals, and low non-specific binding. Phalloidin binds F-actin with high selectivity, while TRITC provides red-orange fluorescence of unparalleled brightness and photostability. Demonstrating very little nonspecific staining, ActinRed 555 reagent allows high-contrast discrimination of actin staining.Suggestions for use
• ActinRed 555 reagent may be added directly to fixed cells in full media or buffer solutions
• In most cases 2 drops/ml and an incubation time of 15 to 30 minutes is sufficient for bright actin staining; however, optimization may be needed for some cell types, conditions, and applications. In such cases, simply add more or fewer drops until the optimal staining intensity is obtained.
• ActinRed 555 dye is excited with a maximum at 540 nm and has an emission maximum at 565 nm. It is detected through standard TRITC (Rhodamine/DiI/Cy3/Alexa Fluor 546) filters. andard TRITC (Rhodamine/DiI/Cy3/Alexa Fluor 546) filters.