Today cellomics is recognized as a discipline of quantitative cell analysis that is also known as high-content screening (HCS) or high-content analysis (HCA). HCA comprises a powerful combination of fluorescence microscopy, image processing, automated cellular measurements and informatics tools that has enabled fundamental discoveries in biological research. In 1996, Cellomics Inc. was founded in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA to exploit technology from Carnegie-Mellon University and produce instruments, software and reagents for use in drug discovery applications. That legacy is now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, with hundreds of instruments in use worldwide and close to 1,000 peer-reviewed publications. Follow the links to learn more about products and services from Thermo Fisher Scientific that build on the cellomics legacy.
Products and services
Thermo Scientific™ High-Content Analysis instrument platforms, reagents, and software for cellular and systems biology research and drug discovery efforts.
Molecular Probes® HCS products are developed using Thermo Scientific™ High-Content Platforms with special considerations for the high-throughput workflow and automated imaging.
- Elucidating the Mechanism of Cell Death Through the use of High Content Analysis
- Oxidative Stress Measurements Made Easy: CellROX® Reagents with Simple Workflow for High Content Imaging
- High Content Cell Cycle Screening: Pairing FUCCI Technology with Thermo Scientific™ HCS Studio™ 2.0 Software and FCS Express Image Cytometry
- Using a High Content Analysis Database as a Repository for Data
- Multiplexed Mitosis and Apoptosis Analysis
- Monitoring Neurite Morphology and Synapse Formation in Primary Neurons for Neurotoxicity Assessments and Drug Screening
- Optimizing the high content analysis of cell morphology using multi-dimensional imaging on the Thermo Scientific™ ArrayScan™ XTI HCA Reader – Part 1 Stem Cell Colonies
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.