Choose from a menu of 22 verified real-time PCR assays to build your own custom Applied Biosystems TaqMan SARS-CoV-2 Mutation Panel and get the answers you need today, while preparing you for what’s to come. This scalable solution lets you run a few or hundreds of samples to identify one or many mutations—all on your current real-time PCR instrumentation.
Features of the TaqMan SARS-CoV-2 Mutation Panel include:
- Customizable—build your own custom panel from a menu of 22 verified real-time PCR assays that allows you to identify currently relevant SARS-CoV-2 mutations and adapt quickly as additional mutations and variants emerge
- Convenient—use your current real-time PCR instrumentation to conduct follow-up testing of SARS-CoV-2 samples
- Scalable—run a few or hundreds of samples to identify for one or many mutations
- Unique, streamlined workflow—combines our gold-standard TaqMan SNP Genotyping Assays with a 1-step RT-PCR reaction; go from RNA to results in just over 1 hour
|Targets||Choose from a menu of 22 verified real-time PCR SNP assays to build your custom panel|
Sequence-specific forward and reverse primers to amplify the target sequence region. The reverse primer also primes reverse transcription of the SARS-CoV-2 genomic RNA sequences. Each assay includes two TaqMan minor groove binder (MGB) probes with nonfluorescent quenchers (NFQ):
|Available sizes||300 reactions
|Sample input||RNA extracted from SARS-CoV-2 samples with a CT value of less or equal to 30|
|Turn around time||1 hour and 10 min from extracted RNA to results|
|Recommended instruments||Any real-time PCR instrument such as the Applied Biosystems 7500, 7500 Fast, QuantStudio 5, and QuantStudio 7 systems|
|Recommended software||QuantStudio Design and Analysis Software v2.5 or later with the Genotyping Analysis Module|
Our menu of verified real-time PCR assays provide robust detection of SARS-CoV-2 mutations. Below are results (cluster plots) as viewed using QuantStudio Design and Analysis Software 2.5 with the Genotyping Analysis Module. These cluster plots show very clear discrimination between the wild type samples (red dots along the x-axis) and the mutation samples (blue dots along the y-axis).
S gene mutation delH69V70
Figure 2. delH69V70 (also known as 69-70del) is a known mutation of B.1.1.7 (501Y.V1 or UK variant). delH69V70 is not exclusive to B.1.1.7.
- Wild type detected
- delH68V70 mutation detected
In this short, 2 video tutorial, you will learn how to:
- Set up the instrument software for detecting the SARS CoV-2 mutation panel
- Analyze the data with the Applied Biosystems™ Design and Analysis Software 2.5 or later with the Genotyping Analysis Module using the run files from all Applied Biosystems real-time PCR instruments
Go to thermofisher.com/educationconnect and log into your account or create a new one!
Use QuantStudio Design and Analysis Software v2.5 or later with the Genotyping Analysis Module.
Tips and tricks for setting up your experiment and analyzing results
In this short video you will learn:
- How to set up Genotyping Analysis in your instrument software
- How to set up your method with a reverse transcription step
- How to select real time data in the genotyping analysis settings
- How to view results and read cluster plots
Additional products needed
|GeneArt DNA string or plasmid controls||thermofisher.com/geneart|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.