Comprehensive testing and traceability is essential for food and beverage manufacturers to compete in today's market. Legislation is continually updated, such as the IS0 22000:2018, and having data readily available about a contaminated or imperfect food product can determine between batch destruction or a total product recall. That difference can have an enormous impact on your company’s financial performance, and more important, to your ability to preserve and protect your most valuable asset, your brand.
Thermo Scientific Chromeleon 7.3.1 Chromatography Data System (CDS) can help boost your confidence and productivity in your food and beverage analyses.
What are users saying?
"Chromeleon Software's user-focused design allows our lab to have anyone — from a Ph.D. research fellow to an intern — on instruments ranging from a GC-FID to a UHPLC triple-quad mass spectrometer. Chromeleon Software lowers the barrier of entry to train new staff, allowing us more flexibility and less training time."
- Senior Scientist, Kalsec
Chromeleon CDS can help ensure compliance with regulations, protect your brand, and speed up delivery of your products to market:
- Extensive multi-vendor instrument control to streamline your chromatography and MS quantitation workflows with a single software package
- Eliminate errors with instant access to eWorkflow procedures in the Chromeleon Console
- Single-software method setup and instrument control, flexible data handling, and fully integrated reporting of results
- Dedicated workflows offer preloaded acquisition, custom calculations, and report templates designed to meet EU requirements such as the Dioxin Workflow, Anionic Pesticides and POPs
- Eliminate the need to perform calculations outside the software, using advanced built-in report capabilities with internal standard methodologies
- Connect via LIMS software providing full traceability through lot and batch management functionality
Ensure product safety
Solid data management systems are the catalysts that transform food safety regulations from burdens into opportunities. By handling as much of the data collection, compliance and reporting processes as possible, your CDS allows you to increase process efficiency and help avoid product safety incidents altogether or minimize the impact if any recalls do occur.
Dioxin and PCB analysis: Advanced internal standard techniques
The complicated matrices found in many environmental, food, and other testing areas give rise to the need for advanced use of internal standards. Dioxins and PCB analysis uses isotope dilution mass spectrometry (IDMS) with surrogate standards and associated syringe standards with variable amount values.
As an integral part of the Thermo Scientific Dioxin Analyzer workflow, Chromeleon CDS provides built-in capabilities which include extensive sample reporting templates with 13C-labelled standards recovery, ion ratios, sum parameters, and LOQ flagging, allowing the CDS to automatically perform the calculations.
AppsLab Library of Analytical Applications
Search online by compound, technology, or market specialty for a variety of quick start analytical methods featuring Thermo Scientific products and workflows.
Utilizing CDS in a Zero Pesticide Residue project
Improve the quantitation of pesticide residues, meeting the Zero Pesticide labeling criteria, by reducing matrix effects and improving extraction efficiency.
Instrument Control and MS functionality
Applications and workflow
* Required field